Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage Crafty » Free Patterns » Vintage Crafty – World’s Scariest Clown Doll Pattern

August 28, 2010

Vintage Crafty – World’s Scariest Clown Doll Pattern

By RetroRuth

Good Lord!!!!  I found the World’s Scariest Clown Doll in the whole world!  Don’t believe me, huh??  Well check this out!

Reeeee! Reeeeeeee!! Reeeeeee!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Check out the extra-long neck, perfect for wrapping around your poor child’s neck to choke them while they are sleeping.  And if that isn’t scary enough, the darn thing actually has eyelashes. Orange eyelashes!!! What. Were. They. Thinking.  “Wow, this would be the perfect clown, if only he had some orange eyelashes.  Just one more…there. Completely terrifying!”

*Eye roll* Good grief.

The menacing shadow in the photograph is great as well. Is that really necessary. Is it???

Any volunteers to make this sucker???? I would love to see it in all it’s awful glory.

7 Responses to Vintage Crafty – World’s Scariest Clown Doll Pattern

1. Kelly Reply

August 28, 2010 at 11:08 am

“All the world loves a clown and this one is particularly appealing” – I love that.

I can’t knit but if I could, I might just give this one a go. He’s craaaaazy.

August 28, 2010 at 11:25 am

Wow, you’ve definitely found the scariest clown pattern, that is for sure! What I don’t get about these scary mid-century clowns (and most clowns from that era were v. scary!), did people actually find them cute at that time? Were they just trying to scare their children early??

August 28, 2010 at 12:41 pm

*Runs and hides* 🙂

4. Lorie B. Reply

August 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm

“Can’t Sleep…the clowns will eat me!”

I HATE CLOWNS!

I guess it comes from reading ‘IT’ by Stephen King….but then, I remember I never really liked them even when I was little. Creepy!

5. Vicki Reply

August 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm

I hear babies crying…

August 29, 2010 at 7:21 pm

What was that King movie, where the new homes were built on cemetary grounds? There was a creepy stuffed clown in the children’s bedroom. Oh, yeah! Poltergeist!

7. cathie Reply

August 31, 2010 at 9:09 pm

ok fist comment here and (warning I have very dry sarcastic humor) I have to agree with Lorie B. But a little more emphatically as one would with a giant spider crawling across your hand.

And to the “All the world loves a clown and this one is particularly appealing” NO NO they don’t…I would change it to NOT all the world loves a clown and this one is particularly repugnant!!

Having said that, I may have to make this ‘thing’ out of fabric…I’ll let you know how it goes….donations to my therapy will be greatly appreciated. 😉