Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

August 8, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

By Sablemable aka Jan

At 3205 Lakeshore Drive in St. Joseph, Michigan, this one owner two-story brick Cape Cod built in 1958 is super close to the shores of Lake Michigan-like right across the road close.  The home has 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths and 2 half baths, 3,375 square feet, 9.4 acres and costs, hang on to your seats, $595,000.000.  Did I also mention that the annual taxes are $7,130.00?  The property is listed with Meredith & Kamp, Inc., (269)-429-6666 and the photos are courtesy of www.realtor.com.

THE FRONT

THE LIVING ROOM (2 VIEWS)

THE FORMAL DINING ROOM

THE KITCHEN (2 VIEWS)

THE FAMILY ROOM

THE STUDY/LIBRARY

MAIN FLOOR LAUNDRY ROOM

UPSTAIRS HALLWAY

ONE OF THE BEDROOMS

ONE OF THE FULL BATHROOMS

BASEMENT WORKSHOP

I especially love all the built-ins and the laundry room!

What do you like about this home, readers?

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

1. Deb Reply

August 8, 2010 at 7:45 am

Love this place!!

2. Dr. Julie-Ann Reply

August 8, 2010 at 10:41 am

That’s the LAUNDRY room??? I am lusting after this house for the laundry room alone!

You guys have to figure out a way where The Mister and I can earn a good living there so I can move back. You’ll have to get rid of the lake effect snow, though. And the bitter wind. But other than that, I’m right back there!

August 8, 2010 at 11:38 am

Dr. Julie-Ann! Yes, that laundry room is to die for! I’ll see what I can do about the lake effect snow, LOL! Yikes!

Deb! Glad you love the house! Lakeshore Drive has some beautiful homes.

August 8, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Ummmmm, yeah, I have to agree that laundry room is FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! That is like a bedroom sized room or something. That family room is pretty killer too. Wow, they even have chandeliers in the bedroom and hallway! Really great house Sable, I’ll take it! 🙂

5. Magnarama Reply

August 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Ruth/Jan — I just looked all over this blog for a way to contact y’all. Couldn’t find one, so am leaving this in the comment section.

Frigidaire Flair alert in Michigan! There’s a double-oven turquoise Frigidaire Flair range for sale in Canton, Michigan on eBay, needs some work, no bids yet and the price at $24.99! Could be quite a steal for someone with handyman skills. It’s at:

August 8, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Magnarama – Just an FYI, if you click on the “About Us’ tab on the top left you can get an e-mail link to any of us (Me, Ruth, or Jan).

Wow! That is a pretty spectacular oven if I do say so myself!!!

7. Kelly Reply

August 8, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Wow! I love the built-ins in the living room and dining room – can you imagine how many cool vintage dishes we could store in all of those? And that soaring family room! And the laundry room – I have seriously never had a laundry room anywhere that nice. Some lucky lady lived in that house.

8. Lorie B. Reply

August 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm

AAHHHHH!!! I have ALWAYS loved the outside of this house. It is so cool to see the inside. And it is stunning. Thanks again for sharing. However, though it is great in location…it is WAAAAYYYYY out of our price range. The sad thing is some ‘tourist’ will most likely buy it, gut it and turn it into some granite/stainless steel horror. SAD.