Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ruth’s Choice

August 1, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ruth’s Choice

By Sablemable aka Jan

I am ever so grateful to our blog owner,Ruth, for finding this MCM home for today’s post!  Great find, girlfriend!!!!!!!

The featured home is located at 2601 Grace Drive in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.  It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and is a multi-level home.  There is 1,972 square feet and it was built in 1956.  The home is on a waterfront, so the new owner can take his/her cabin cruiser out on the Atlantic for a weekend cruise.    The cost for this gem?  Hold on to your seats; $2,195,000!!!!!!  Okay, we’ll overlook that teeny detail.  Photos are courtesy of www.realtor.com.

THE FRONT, BACK AND WATERFRONT (3 VIEWS)

THE LIVING ROOM

THE DINING ROOM

THE LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM

THE KITCHEN

THE FLORIDA ROOM

ONE OF THE TWO BATHROOMS

Although the bathroom shown has been updated, the house is still pretty much intact.  The kitchen cabinets look like the original ones and so does the countertop.

Thanks again, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth for finding this beautiful home!

What do you think, gang?

6 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ruth’s Choice

August 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm

That kitchen is killing me!! I am loving that even though they updated the appliances, they left those gorgeous pink cabinets!!

2. Barbara Reply

August 1, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I wonder what kind of Realtor wouldn’t put the toilet seat down before taking pictures…

It’s a nice house, but not for that price. I’ve liked ones you’ve posted from your neighborhood far better.

August 1, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Andreaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Updated appliances will turn me off every time, too!

LOL, Barbara @toilet seat comment!!!!! My Lord, I need a hanky! Thanks for the compliments on the neighborhood houses. I aim to please.

PS: This house is too close to the ocean which means Jaws are out there…….

4. Magnarama Reply

August 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Nice, but the furniture seems almost too perfectly MCM — looks staged, in fact. Like someone tried to reproduce an issue of Atomic Ranch. That cone-shaped floor lamp (behind the glass block wall in the dining area) is the exact same lamp that was in Pete’s office on ‘Mad Men’. (Or former office, since they’re in a new set this season.)

But yeah, I’d give a limb for those pink kitchen cabs.

August 2, 2010 at 10:41 am

Wow! 2 million! Yikes! It is a really great house though. I hope the new owners keep up the retro vibe!

6. Kelly Reply

August 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I love the outside and yard most of all. That’s quite the price for sure. Someone could get this place and play off of all of the original details that are left and really have something. Someone needs to buy this baby and do it up right!