Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Decision Time!!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2010

Decision Time!!!!!!!!!

By Sablemable aka Jan

Sara is getting waaaaay ahead of me with her projects, so I thought I’d better get cracking!

A while back I did a post on exterior paint colors and asked you, the readers, to help me choose a color for the trim.  Here are the most popular Behr colors I used on that post.

I didn’t want Bob (my husband) to vapor-lock on me if I painted a few colors on the current white trim, so took a board and painted the sample colors on it and put it against the brick to compare.

I kind of like the Grasscloth and the combination of white/lemon/gold/green at the bottom.  What do you guys think?  Should I go with one of them or do some more samples?  I am so chicken when it comes to using colors outside of white!

11 Responses to Decision Time!!!!!!!!!

1. Angela Reply

September 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I like the last one that’s a combo of 4 colors. I think if you added a bit more of that Lemon Pound Cake to it to make it a bit brighter yellow (slightly less cream) it would be awesome.

September 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I like the Grasscloth best, I am thinking.

September 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I don’t think I’m getting ahead of you in projects girl! You are hanging right in there!

You know me and my wild color preferences 🙂 — so I would probably go with the aqua or key lime on the top. Buuuutttt, if you want to stay a bit less wild, I really do like the grasscloth too.

4. Miss Marwood Reply

September 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I really like the Lemon Pound Cake! Seems to be most in keeping with the gorgeous property, I think. Sounds yummy too!

5. Annie B. Reply

September 10, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I’m voting for Coral Dune. It’s great with your brick color and so in keeping with the era. However, if you cave on Coral, go with the Grasscloth. Your house is terrific!

6. Sharon Reply

September 10, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Aqua Spray all the way!

September 10, 2010 at 6:26 pm

If you’re not going to go Aqua Spray, I ADORE that grasscloth! I think that it sets off the brick and doesn’t come so close to be similar like the other colors do. It pops! 🙂

September 10, 2010 at 7:27 pm

LOL, in other words, you want to see more samples?

Right after I had posted this, I showed the 3 colors to Bob and he said he’d like to see more, and to go ahead and paint all of the samples on the now-white trim.

So stayed tune for more Adventures In Paintland; I just ordered more sample colors.

9. NancyC Reply

September 10, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I go for aqua or the grasscloth also, but an rusty color might work too.

10. Mid-Century Austin Reply

September 11, 2010 at 12:01 am

I think green’s the way to go. I like the Grasscloth, but it needs a bit more pop – maybe one or two shades lighter.

11. Sylko Reply

September 11, 2010 at 2:47 am

Grasscloth is the closest o the green I see a lot in mcm homes