Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Richmond’s Carnival Of Color

September 14, 2010

Richmond’s Carnival Of Color

By Sablemable aka Jan

I must be obsessed with bathrooms lately.  Maybe it’s because I encountered a young person ready to rip out his MCM bathroom that was still in good shape.  Or maybe it’s because my Kohler Sunrise Yellow fixtures look like new even though they’re 55 years old.  Who knows?   We just love colored fixtures!

In my other MCM ranch, we have Richmond fixtures.  Richmond Plumbing was a division of Rheem Manufacturing, the ones who make hot water heaters, air conditioners, etc.  They are still in business, but alas!  Richmond is kaput!

This ad was taken from a magazine from my own personal collection.

The colors from top to bottom are: Mellow Red; Tropic Tan; Azure Blue; Bermuda Coral; New Yellow; Fern Green and Quaker Gray.

Richmond had a sink similar to Crane’s Criterion.  Luv it!!!!!

Anyone else have Richmond fixtures?

7 Responses to Richmond’s Carnival Of Color

1. Miss Marwood Reply

September 14, 2010 at 9:45 am

Beautiful! In any colour!
    Reminds me of my Grandma’s house. She has a yellow sink and toilet, with seagreen tiles. It dates back to 1958. Really should have taken pictures when I saw her on holidays this summer 🙂 Her lamps and entire furniture are from the late 50s, early 60s, as if time stood still. Not sure how she would feel if I took piccies to post on the internet, though, lol!

September 14, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Hi, Miss Marwood!

I have yellow fixtures and a medium shade of mint green tiles in my 55 ranch. Assure her we won’t give out her address or anything personal, as I’d love to see her MCM stuff!

3. Miss Marwood Reply

September 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I’ll be back next year for sure, with my camera, Sablemable, promised! Even when I was little, I really liked how the yellow and green went together. You are very lucky to have the same!

Thanks for all your interesting posts, I always so enjoy looking at your finds!

September 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Thank you, Miss Marwood for the compliments! I am so happy that you enjoy my posts. Made taking English Comp. 101 worthwhile!

September 14, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I hope you told him NOT to rip out the MCM bathroom!!!!!

Sign me up fot the Bermuda Coral! 🙂 And, uh, sounds like we need to see pics of your bathroom too Sable!

September 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Well, you know young people; no appreciation for the “original.” He’d already started the rehab of the kitchen, which made my eyes misty with sorrow.

I have the Bermuda Coral fixtures and know where to get the matching tile (B&W in California). Just have to get Bob in the mood to re-tile,then you’ll see photos, LOL!

7. Annie B. Reply

September 15, 2010 at 9:04 am

Oh, you lucky person! The Bermuda Coral sink looks dreamy.