Home » Decade » 1950 » More Thrifting Finds!

November 4, 2010

More Thrifting Finds!

By Sara In AZ

__________________________________________________________

OK y’all, as promised here are the last pictures of my recent thrifting finds!

Here is a super cute little Bride and Groom Salt and Pepper Shaker set by Napco. I thought they were soooo sweet!

Here are 2 old Christmas mugs. The mug on the left is marked Norcrest and the mug on the right is marked  Holt Howard.

Here are some kitschy western/cowboy TV trays. I really thought these were SO cute!

Here is a cute little vintage Teapot wire rack for the kitchen.

I thought this old mailbox was so neat that I bought it, even though I cannot use at my house!

Here is a side view of the mailbox.

Here is the front view of the mailbox.

I was stunned when I saw this nested set of Federal milk glass ‘bubble’ bowls at a thrift store recently. I was doubly stunned to see that none of them were broken!!! Well, I just had to take these bowls home!

Here is another lamp I found. It seems like I am finding lamps all the time! I thought this one was really cool because it reminded me of a lamp on Mad Men (the lamp in a creative/common meeting area that Peggy works in, when she is not in her office). The brass definitely needs some polishing and the shade is not original, but I could not pass it up!

Has anyone else found some goodies while thrifting recently?

If so we would love to know!

7 Responses to More Thrifting Finds!

1. Eartha Reply

November 4, 2010 at 10:03 am

All GREAT finds! I still can’t believe that you got those amazing, stunning bowls for such a cheap price! Glorious! And those Western trays..yippee! You should hang that mailbox in your house and you and your sweet Mister could leave little notes and gifts in it for each other!

2. Amy M Reply

November 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Those bowls are amazing!! Great find! I also really like the salt and pepper shakers.
    What are your plans for the mailbox?

3. Annie B. Reply

November 4, 2010 at 2:40 pm

And I thought your last batch of stuff was great!!!!!!! It was, but this is incredible. Those bowls would fetch a fine price at the antique shop across the street from me!

I love it all!

November 4, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Eartha – Thanks sweetie! I must say, I do love the bowls! Somehow I knew you would like those TV trays. 🙂 Hey, that’s a great idea for the mailbox!

Amy M.- Thank you so much! I thought those little bride and groom shakers were so sweet! I am not sure what I’m going to do with the mailbox yet???? I could use Eartha’s idea! I’ll have to think about it I guess. 🙂

Annie B. – Thanks girl! I was pretty stunned when I saw those bowls just sitting there. I think they had just put them out too. I was very happy to take them home with me! 🙂

5. Jamie in Hollywood Reply

November 5, 2010 at 10:09 am

These are fantastic! That lamp at that price is a true give-a-way! That teapot shaped rack is amazing. They are all truly great and I am so jealous. I swear that if you go on ebay and see similar lamps they are going for hundreds! You really have a talent for thrifting.

November 5, 2010 at 10:55 am

OMG! I must travel west and go thrifting with you, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Bob found a heavy, tall table lamp of Early American decor for $3.99, but no shade. It will look very nice in our Florida home.

November 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Jamie – Oh gosh thanks! I really appreciate that. I can get a little stubborn on the prices I want to pay sometimes, so it seems like I will usually try to wait it out and see if I can get it cheaper. That is why thrifting is so great, it seems like you can always find cool stuff at really great prices!

Sable – Thanks girl! I know, we have to get you out here sometime! Your lamp sounds really fantastic, and a shade will be easy to find. I hope you will post pics of it soon.