Home » Decade » 1950 » Ransburg Bathroom Poodles!

November 11, 2010

Ransburg Bathroom Poodles!

By Sara In AZ

______________________________________________________

OK y’all here’s the rest of my Ransburg “Fifi” Poodle items!

All of these Ransburg Poodle accessories are for the bathroom.

The 3 things I have are the Kleenex box, the toilet paper holder and the wastebasket.

I know there are other items Ransburg made, such as a hamper and a metal shelf.

First up – the Kleenex box.

Looks like Ms. Poodle is getting her hair done today!

This Kleenex box even had the original price tag still attached to the back.

By the way, here is what the Ransburg mark looks like.

Here is the toilet paper holder.

Back view of the toilet paper holder. There is also a hook at the top for a toilet brush.

Be careful if you buy one of these – you can only put the normal sized rolls in there, not the super-duper mega rolls!

And the wastebasket.

Looks like Fifi’s hair turned out well today!

I sure do love having all these poodle accessories all around the house, it makes me smile every time I see them!

Hope y’all enjoyed!

15 Responses to Ransburg Bathroom Poodles!

November 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Ah-Mazing! I’m having a hard time (1) getting over how cute they are and (2) figuring out how they made it through the decades in such great shape. Now did you get these at the same time that you got the kitchen set? I don’t think so, right?

November 11, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Hey girl! Thank you SO much!!! 🙂

The inside of the trash can needed a little work, but you know I am always up for a project. hee!

You are right, I did not get these at the same time as the kitchen set. The kitchen set was purchased all at the same time, but all 3 bathroom items were actually purchased at different times and in different places!

3. Katie Coonley Reply

November 12, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Oh my gosh! I think we used to have the waste basket when I was a little girl. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw the photo and thought, “Wow, that looks familiar!”

4. Annie B. Reply

November 15, 2010 at 10:36 am

Sara! These are SO amazing! I think you’ve inspired a case of “poodle mania” in me! Am now shopping for anything vintage poodle, thanks to you!

November 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Katie – Oh, that is so cool!

Annie B.- Uh-oh, sorry girl! 😉 Let me warn you, “poodle mania” can get pretty bad. 🙂 You will have to let me know what you find.

6. Annie B. Reply

November 15, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Greetings from the “poodle monster” recently created by Sara’s post!
    This weekend at our local flea market, I was rummaging through some vintage costume jewelry ($2.00 per item!!). Guess what just happened to find ME??? A gold toned poodle pin with red eyes and a black nose.
    I’m on my way……!!

November 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Well Hello Poodle Monster! 🙂

$2 for a vintage poodle pin! SMOKIN’ DEAL!!!!!!
    You are most certainly on your way, I can’t wait to see what else you can find girl!

8. Mrs. Jess Reply

November 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Oh, so jealous! We have a black standard poodle named Fritz, and I’m constantly seeking out cool vintage poodle stuff. These are the tops! Maybe I’ll come across some in my thrifting adventures. Fingers crossed!

November 19, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Mrs. Jess – These definitely do pop up for sale from time to time, so keep your eyes peeled! 🙂

10. Vandilyn Reply

January 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm

There are some Ransburg poodle items right now on Etsy.
    I think I spotted a pink tissue holder but with a different French Poodle design.
    I love the Shabby French Chic look.
    Thanks for posting these images.

January 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Vandilyn – Thanks for the comment. Glad you liked all the pics! 🙂 Yes, they do have a few different designs of Poodles on their bathroom items.

12. Sharon Reply

February 26, 2011 at 10:46 am

I now have the wastebasket, although mine is a little more “vintage” looking than yours. No matter — I love her just the same! 🙂

February 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm

It is totally awesome girl!!!!! 🙂

14. April D Reply

April 15, 2011 at 10:03 am

Any ideas where I can purchase the wastebasket at a decent price. I remember having one in mine and my sister’s bedroom growing up. Thanks for any help you can give more and if you can’t thanks anyway. =)

April 15, 2011 at 10:37 am

Hi April! I have seen them from time to time on eBay – just search under ‘Ransburg poodle’. Also, check with thrift stores and antique shops in your area. You are bound to find one sooner or later! Good Luck. 🙂