Home » Decade » 1950 » Ransburg Kitchen Poodles!

November 8, 2010

Ransburg Kitchen Poodles!

By Sara In AZ

I have to let everyone in on a little secret. I LOVE poodle stuff from the 1950s! Y’all won’t tell anyone right?

Good, it can be our little secret! 🙂

Well, I guess my husband has already figured it out, since I have poodle stuff all over the house!

I don’t know if y’all have ever heard of Ransburg before, but they made all sorts of different accessories for the home, most of it was metal. Ransburg was founded in 1911 in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Harper J. Ransburg Company was one of the first successful household products companies. The Ransburg Company was looking for ways to save money in painting all their metal-ware, and they actually invented the electrostatic painting process. Way to go Ransburg! After the initial base paint was put on the product, the products were then finished by hand painting each and every item. Click HERE for the link to find out more about Ransburg products.

The Ransburg site calls the Poodle pattern “Fifi”.

One day we were out shopping at an antique shop when my husband and Mom spotted these Ransburg poodle canisters and poodle bread box for the kitchen! I went crazy for them and we decided to bring them home with us.

Here are some pictures so y’all can check everything out.

Here are some close-ups of the canisters. This is the Flour and Sugar.

Doesn’t that Mama Poodle walking her Baby Poodle just kill you! So Cute!

Here is the Coffee and the Tea.

Now onto the Breadbox! Sorry about the crazy flash spot, but it’s chrome – so what are you gonna do!

Here is a close-up of the top.

Awwwwww, the baby Poodle has a little train.

Here is a picture of one side of the Breadbox.

Here is a picture of the other side of the Breadbox.

The paint on most of the poodle body is dimensional, not just flat to the metal. And, all of the poodles usually have have rhinestones embedded into them – like on the collars.

I am surprised this set made it through all these years looking this good. I have seen some Ransburg stuff pretty beat up and rusty.

I am so happy to have found this set! It is on my kitchen counter right this very minute and we use them everyday!

Stay tuned, on Thursday, Ransburg bathroom accessories.

Next »

10 Responses to Ransburg Kitchen Poodles!

1. Amy M Reply

November 8, 2010 at 5:38 am

I think I would be happy to just move into your kitchen!!! 🙂 Just roll a cot in for me! Such awesome finds!

2. Deb Reply

November 8, 2010 at 7:24 am

Sara, these are too cute!

November 8, 2010 at 9:25 am

You are so lucky! Those are the cutest things that I have ever seen!

4. Annie B. Reply

November 8, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Oh, good grief, Sara!!!!!!! These are spectacular. Iconic! What a treasure.

5. Sharon Reply

November 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Absolutely glorious!

November 8, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Amy M. – Awwwww, gosh that is really sweet of you to say. Thank you! 🙂

Deb – Thank you so much! 🙂

Eartha – Thanks sweetie! I really appreciate it — not more cute than Jack though! 🙂

Annie B. – Well thanks girl! 🙂

Sharon – Thanks hon! I thought you would get a kick out of them! 🙂

November 9, 2010 at 11:47 am

OMG, what a find! I’ve never heard of Ransburg before, so thanks for presenting them.

These will look so great in your MCM kitchen with the pink cabs.

8. Jamie in Hollywood Reply

November 9, 2010 at 3:07 pm

How do you find these things?! You could get a job as a set provider for the studios here! What I think is really cool is the reflexion of what looks like a real MCM kitchen table set in that kitchen. Have you posted pictures of that? I bet the whole kitchen is a time capsule.

November 9, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Sable!!!!! Thanks so much! I’ll bet you get hooked on Ransburg now! 🙂 Can’t wait to see these next to the pink cabs!

Jamie – Awww, thank you I really appreciate that! I have never actually posted a picture of my diner set — yet, I’ve been bad! Here is a link to the best picture I could find of it (it’s a MCM recipe post)

It’s in the first pic. My kitchen is unfortunately not a time capsule, yet! But pretty much everything in it is! We just need to find that right house then I can have my metal cabs installed! 🙂

I don’t know if you ever saw my couch re-upholstery posts or not here is a link
    You might get a kick out of those posts.

You can also type in Sara In AZ in the top right search box and scroll through all my posts. There is everything from old lights to Heywood in there!

10. Pingback: Kool Kitsch For Sale on eBay | No Pattern Required