Home » Decade » 1950 » Texas Flea Market!

December 9, 2010

Texas Flea Market!

By Sara In AZ

____________________________________________________________

I just LOVE the Texas flea market/antique sales! Every year, twice a year – in the spring and fall, there is a HUGE flea market about an hour east of Austin. The sales are in the Texas Hill Country and if you go in the spring you will see gorgeous Bluebonnets galore. The sales are a blast, but bring your walking shoes because there is  A LOT of ground to cover!

Here is a pic to give you an idea of the size, but this isn’t even a quarter of it.

So what did we see? Well get your walking shoes on kids, it’s gonna be a long day!

First up some sweet retro 50s lamps. These were $185 for the pair, a little rich for my blood but so cool anyway.

There were  a million other retro lamps for sale too, this place has everything!

Oh my! Remember my turquoise hair dryer that I got for $1 from Goodwill? Well someone was selling the EXACT same hair dryer here in Texas.  You can see this one has the plastic bottom piece, which mine is missing. They were asking $80, so I felt OK for the price I paid!

Look out, that body-less lady is lookin’ to get her hair done and she is not going to wait! 🙂

Here is an old metal sink/stove combo. It is rusty, but I thought it was really cool anyway.

A close-up of the label on the sink/stove unit.

I have an obsession with chalkware and with ballerinas! It was everything I could do to tear myself away from these. But, at $45 I thought the price was a bit high. I still love them though.

Of course they had Heywood Wakefield! There was no price on this and the dealer was nowhere to be found, so your guess is as good as mine.

I was all about this old metal sign! I thought it was soooooo cool! K-Buc! It was $125, which seemed high to me, but I have to admit I am clueless about these old signs so maybe that was a good price???

OK, that’s all for now y’all.

Come on back next Thursday for more sights from the Flea Market!

7 Responses to Texas Flea Market!

December 9, 2010 at 11:16 am

You know, I would love to see pics of your chalkware collection one day. Oh, and all your mermaids!

Love this stuff, I HAVE to go to this. And soon!

2. Eartha Reply

December 9, 2010 at 11:22 am

That K-Buc sign rocks my world – log font!!
    I’d love to go to this sale – and get my hair done under your hair dryer (which will eternally be the sale of the century).

3. Ginger Reply

December 9, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Ooh girl them chalkwares are bee-yoo-tifull!

December 10, 2010 at 2:16 am

Ruth- For sure I will take pics of my chalkware and mermaids!
    And yes, you must go to this, y’all would have a blast! 🙂

Eartha – Log font – it doesn’t get any better! I totally thought of you when I saw that sign. We must get y’all to this sale too, but I don’t know if it would be as good as WLYS! 🙂

Ginger – They were pretty darn awesome! 🙂

December 10, 2010 at 10:13 am

Oh, I love those lamps! Sara, your comments about the body-less lady set me to laughing!

Also loved the radio sign. Sigh, when radio stations were radio stations!

6. HollyM Reply

December 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm

And now you know why so many of us Texans do NOT go to this super-dooper-uber flea market. The vendors know that every magazine/decorator/website will send their stylists down here and they will sell lots of rusty, dusty, ratty stuff for HUGE dollars. . . because there is a sucker born every minute. Stick with thrifting at Goodwill, garage sales, junk shops, etc. There you will find your treasures for a mere pittance by comparison.

• Sara in AZ Reply

December 15, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I agree that there are many overpriced items at the sales, esp. at Marburger. But I have also found many bargains too. You just never know what you will find in those far out fields, some dealers just don’t know what they have or what it is worth.