Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Hickory, North Carolina

December 5, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Hickory, North Carolina

By Sablemable aka Jan

A big thumbs up to reader Missy who found today’s featured home and passed it on to Ruth.  Thanks, Missy!

Our home is located at 120 36th Avenue NW in Hickory, North Carolina.  RE/MAX A-Team is the broker and agents Alice Long and Clara Robbins may be reached at (828)324-8326 or (800)832-6140.  The house was built in 1960, has 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, 2,582 square feet, central a/c and oil heat.  The price is $186,900.00.  Let’s take a look!

THE FRONT AND BACK

THE FOYER

THE COMBINATION LIVING/DINING ROOM

THE EAT-IN KITCHEN

THE PINK BATHROOM

THE BLUE BATHROOM

Unfortunately, the third full bath has been remodeled, but the house looks pretty much intact.  There was no mention of an attached garage or basement in the listing.

Tell me what you loved about this house, readers!

7 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Hickory, North Carolina

1. Kitsch n Stuff Reply

December 5, 2010 at 10:51 am

This is one very Retro Kool house……it looks great…thanks for the photos,

Dianne
    Kitsch n Stuff

2. Kelly Reply

December 5, 2010 at 11:57 am

Oh! Stunning! I love that beautiful honey glow of the kitchen. And those baths. And the huge flagstone fireplace. And the lights. And the paneling. And the floors. And the exterior. And…okay, this house is PERFECT.

3. Lorie B. Reply

December 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Oh man! so I wonder what hubby could do in NC to make a living? LOL. I ADORE this home. It is stunning. the only thing I would change for sure is the paint in the foyer and living room. I don’t care for shades of yellow or orange. It would look so much better in a blue or green. But that is personal taste, of course. Thank you so much for sharing!

4. Liz Reply

December 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Awesome – love the pull down light in the eat in kitchen. And I swooned over the kitchen cabinets and original bathrooms. My heart stopped when I saw the huge flagstone fireplace…what’s not to love?

December 5, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Oh gosh, what a beautiful house. Yes, I love everything! Now, can you find me one just like this in AZ? 😉

December 6, 2010 at 10:16 am

Thanks for sharing, Missy, and for posting this Sable!!! The bathrooms are to die for in this house, and the kitchen is just picture-perfect. Awesome!

7. Jennifer Reply

December 6, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I live in Charlotte, NC–about an hour and 15 minutes from Hickory–which happens to be a great little town. But this house is in perfect condition! I love it. The wooden divider in the bathroom is amazing.