Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? St. Clair Shores, Michigan

December 26, 2010

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? St. Clair Shores, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

I hope everyone had a wonderful, memorable Christmas!

Now to the good stuff:  our home today is located at 34147 Jefferson in St. Clair Shores, Michigan (near Detroit).  The home is on the small side-only 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and 1,357 square feet, but it is big in MCM design.   The house is going for $129,500.00 and was built in 1949.  For more information, contact Keller Williams Great Lakes at 586-541-4000.  Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams (www.kw.com).

THE FRONT/BACK/BACKYARD

THE LIVING ROOM

THE SUN ROOM

THE KITCHEN

THE BATHROOM

The bedrooms are average sized and the basement is unfinished.  There are also casement windows which are very energy inefficient, but also very MCM.

Did you notice the fab electric stove in the kitchen?  I’ll bet the inside of the oven is immaculate.  The bathroom tiles look great, too.

What do you like about this house, readers?

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? St. Clair Shores, Michigan

1. Retromodgirl Reply

December 26, 2010 at 3:03 pm

I totally adore this time capsule beauty!!!! I sooo wish I could buy it. Thank you for sharing this!

December 26, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Retromodgirl: Thank you for stopping by! I happen to like houses on the small-medium size and I think this one is so cute.

3. Jen Reply

December 26, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Well, don’t get me wrong—the wood floors, the fireplace, the cute rounded shelf in the kitchen, the bathroom are all great (though I much prefer our own aqua & black vintage bathroom!), but that yard is making me squeal with delight!

December 27, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Wow, what a great house — and so cheap too! Love that sweet little kitchen and that knotty pine paneling too! 🙂

December 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Jen: LOL, no offense taken! I’d love to see your aqua/black bathroom!

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! How about that original mailbox, post and marker?

December 27, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I have a bit of a love affair with that mailbox and iron mailbox post. So pretty! And that gleaming bathroom! And of course, the knotty pine…and the stove. And that huge lot!

December 28, 2010 at 10:21 am

Is that a mural painted on the living room wall??? LOVE IT!

8. Jennifer Reply

December 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm

No one noticed the glass with interior horizontal paned door? I have NEVER seen one of those before. Also, the lovely flagstone/slate tile on the fireplace hearth. Loved them both.

9. Pingback: Midcentury home design and renovation ideas from 8 retro housebloggers — Retro Renovation