Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Are You Cold? Etsy To The Rescue!

January 11, 2011

Are You Cold? Etsy To The Rescue!

By Sablemable aka Jan

While hubby Bob is off vacationing  in warm, sunny Florida with friends and relatives, I’m here in Michigan freezing my….well, you know what I mean.  Actually I shouldn’t be complaining because I could be living in the Northwest Territory.  But cold is cold no matter where you live and one needs something to keep one warm when outside.

Enter Etsy.

From MissFarfalla, we have a beautiful gray wool coat, fully lined,  with a mink collar in size L/XL.  Down the front are gray plastic buttons encrusted with black rhinestones.  There are side-seam pockets in which to put your matching gray leather gloves.  The coat is in excellent condition and is selling for $75.00.

Next up, from seller DirtyBirdiesVintage is a beautiful red wool with a mink collar coat, fully lined in red satin.  The mink collar has hidden clasps to keep it closed.  The length is 42 inches, has matching fabric buttons and side-seam pockets.  If you are a size S-M, then this is the coat for you!  It is in very nice conditon (seller’s words) and costs $75.00.

Number Three coat is one of my favorites.   Seller HepCatClothes is offering  a combination of taupe brown suede with a mink collar.  It’s lined in the same taupe brown color, has patch pockets, hidden collar clasps, walking slit on both sides and is a size S.    The sleeves are bracelet length and the buttons are covered in the same taupe suede.  The length is 35 inches and stops just above the knees.  The price is $75.00 for this flawless condition coat!

You know you’re not going to get away without seeing some all mink outerwear.  Look at this gorgeous pastel mink jacket!  Offered by MsMoxieVintage, this excellent condition jacket has only one small discoloration on the inside lining, something no one will ever see (unless you tell them-and you won’t).  The lining is a soft brown satin and the jacket boasts a large collar, turn-up cuffs and side seam pockets.  Furrier hooks and clasps close the front to keep icy winds from entering.  There is no size tag on this jacket, as it was probably made-to-order.  All of the measurements are listed on the page.  The price for this gem?  $199.99!!!!!!!

And, from seller CreativeGatherings comes the most beautiful mink coat I have ever laid eyes on!  This Blackgama mink is made of fully, let-out female skins and has a mandarin style collar.  The coat is lined in brown satin and has the owner’s initials embroidered there.  Alas!  It is a size 8 (drat!) and is going for only $995.00!  What a steal!  I forgot to research Blackgama, but I do know it was the creme de la creme of furriers and all of the actresses like Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor wore this line.

Pardon me while I sniff the smelling salts!

7 Responses to Are You Cold? Etsy To The Rescue!

January 11, 2011 at 11:27 am

I don’t think there is anything as glamorous as vintage fur! Love it, Sable! Especially the first coat. Yowzah!

January 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Whoowhee! If that gray one had faux fur, I’d be all over it! GORGEOUS.

January 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Super gorgeous! I am in love with the red one, unfortunately there’s no chance of it fitting me. And the last thing I need is yet another coat, LOL. Or maybe I do, I do live in Canada after all …

4. Annie B. Reply

January 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm

What a timely post! My latest Holy Grail has been a vintage coat. These are fabulous – wish I had ’em all. However, I found while thrifting Saturday the most spectacular vintage coat in orange (yes, bright orange) wool with matching buttons and a brown mink collar.

The coat has a “Sears and Roebuck” label in its lining and has three quarter lenght sleeves. My wonderful mother pulled out of her collection of treasures a pair of three quarter length black leather gloves. Ohweeee!

Blackglama mink was the ne plus ultra of furriers, as I remember. Didn’t Vogue Magazine feature famous actresses in Blackglama’s advertisements wearing only the Blackglama fur coat?? Seems familiar somehow.

Thanks for the gorgeous viewing.

January 11, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Ruuuuuuuuuuth and Earthaaaaaaaaaaa! Yes, I love that coat, too! I know, I know about the real fur debate and if we talk about it, I’ll start crying! Waaaaah!

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Don’t go there with the not-being-able-to-fit-in-it, girl! BTW, what’s a size 8? LOL!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie! OMG, you must send us photos of you in your fab orange/mink coat with Mom’s gloves! You are so right about the Blackgama ads in Vogue; that was all the actresses wore! I think I have a vintage Vogue that has the ad.

6. Annie Reply

January 11, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Love the coats. The talk of Blackgama and what the starts wore makes me think of the game shows that gave away fur coats all the time – from Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills! Great finds.

7. Anna Reply