Home » Decade » 1950 » Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

January 6, 2011

Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

By Sara In AZ

Ok y’all, we are picking back up on my road trip now.

I’ll bet y’all have been curious about what I found at the Flea Market in Texas and all the Antique Stores we visited.

Well here is the booty! Check it out……………..

Mike found this old wall plaque with dolphins on it for me. I LOVE old fish and mermaid plaques and I about died when I saw this. At first I thought the pink wooden plaque they were mounted to was homemade, but it has the Ceramicraft stamp on the back.

Here is the Ceramicraft stamp on the back.

I love old chalkware too, so I could not resist the cute little bluebirds and the vintage lady head.

Oh boy, some more fish plaques that we found! These are actually wall pockets.

I already have a planter and 2 tiny ashtrays with this comedy/tragedy theme on them and this cigarette box matched it so perfectly I had to get it.

I was cuckoo crazy over this kitschy pair of dancers. I thought these wooden backs were also homemade, but they also have the manufacturing stamp on them.

Here is the Kreiss stamp on the back.

Come back next week and I will wrap up my Flea Market & Antique Store Finds!

7 Responses to Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

January 6, 2011 at 9:24 am

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE those bluebirds! I think they might be the bluebirds of happiness, because they sure make me happy!

2. Eartha Reply

January 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

What amazing finds! Everything looks to be in such beautiful condition too. I’ve never seen anything like those dancers before – sublime!

Those large metal plates and cups (are yours large and metal too?) bring back memories for me. When I was a kid, my Mom had a set of those and she’d put them out only at Thanksgiving. Talk about huge plates! But we’d fill them up…just like we were out on the range sitting next to a chuck wagon. 🙂

Tell me about that casserole dish in the back right corner. Neat!

January 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Ruth – I know, those bluebirds are so sweet aren’t they. 🙂

Eartha – OMG! Did you have these exact same plates too??? How cool! Yes, mine are large and metal with kind of an enamel type paint. Does your Mom still have them?

Stay tuned for next week when I show the casserole!

4. Annie B. Reply

January 6, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I see that casserole lurking in the background! I’ll bet that casserole holder is by Georges Briard. What a great haul, Sara!!! Congrats. Hmmm, looks like a set of four swanky swigs, as well. Man, did you score or what?!

5. DrJulieAnn Reply

January 6, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Okay, I’m obviously shopping at the wrong places because I NEVER seem to find anything adorable like that!

I think the dancers are my favorite (so far).

January 6, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Dr Julie Ann – I know, those dancers are so retro and kitschy I’m crazy about them! Thanks! 🙂

January 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Annie B. – Oh gosh, thanks girl! The casserole actually had no mark on it – I was surprised. Stay tuned for next week when I show the rest of my finds! 🙂