Home » Decade » 1950 » More Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

January 13, 2011

More Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

By Sara In AZ

Here is the wrap up to my Texas Flea Market and Antique Store Finds!

We found these cute little vintage shadowboxes with mirrored backs and this HUGE Flamingo!

I found this old Collins bag. I love the horse and carriage motif.

We found these old western Longhorn plates and cups. They are enamel on steel.

Eartha Kitsch’s Mom has these exact same plates and neither she nor I can find ANY info at all on these plates. If anyone knows when these were made or who made them PLEASE let me know!

Ever since buying George, our rubber kitty, back in the summer we have been on the lookout for these squeak toys.

We found this bunny and puppy at the sales. Now George has friends!

We found some black Amoeba glasses that had never been used — and one still had the original sticker on it. I also found an old Pyrex-like (no mark) casserole on it’s original warming stand and a “Party Time” with Julia Lee set of 45s.

Here is the original sticker on the Amoeba glasses.

I thought this vintage planter was SO cool. I have never seen one like this before. It looks like  a Hawaiian girl about to ride the surf.

And finally, a little pixie soap/sponge holder, a head vase, and a spaghetti poodle lighter!

Yay for poodles!!!

I sincerely hope y’all enjoyed seeing my all kitschy finds.

Come back next week to check out the Wilson House in Temple Texas!

11 Responses to More Flea Market and Antique Store Finds

1. Deb Reply

January 13, 2011 at 6:51 am

Great finds, Sara!!

2. Annie B. Reply

January 13, 2011 at 9:56 am

Good grief, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

I’m dyin’ here! Don’t know what I love the most. Maybe those amoeba glasses, maybe that flamingo, maybe the poodle lighter, maybe…….every doggone thing!

Good for you, girl!!

January 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! That handbag is just too-too for words, not to mention the flamingo!!!!!!

January 13, 2011 at 11:08 am

Wow, Sara! That triangle casserole dish is something special!

5. Eartha Reply

January 13, 2011 at 11:43 am

You really hit some gold mines on that trip! That head vase looks sooo much like a young Tammy Wynette to me. Those glasses and the casserole dish take me over the moon. Go, you!

January 13, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Deb – Thank you very much! 🙂

Annie B. – Thank you so much girl! 🙂 I can’t bring myself to use those glasses, yet anyway!

Sable – I really love that bag, those old Collins purses are the best! 🙂

Ruth- I would LOVE to know who made that casserole — maybe someday! 🙂

Eartha – Thank you!!! You know, you are right about that head vase looking like Tammy Wynette! 🙂 *fingers crossed* we can figure out those dishes!

7. Jacquie Reply

January 13, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Hey Sara,
    I am in AZ too, Mesa actually… and I am an avid thrifter as well. I found a plate on ebay that looks like your steer head plates. It is said to be Tepco restaurant china ware, but no date. The one on ebay is more reddish colored, but the same design. Just thought I would let you know. I find lots of cool stuff out there too!
    Happy treasure hunting!

January 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Hi Jacquie – Thanks so much for the info! 🙂 I really do appreciate it. I looked the Tepco plates up and they are very, very similar. The only difference is my plates are actually enameled metal – not china. But, maybe Tepco made metal plates too?????

We may just run into each other one day!

9. MoonDoggie Reply

March 23, 2011 at 4:16 am

Ah my poodle lighter (the one that got away)! There can’t be too many more out there, can there?

I love that Hawaiian planter too and the glasses. I have been desperately trying to find some cool drinking glasses. There seems to be an abundance of shot glasses but I need some regular sized ones.

Did you find all these on the same day?

March 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

MoonDoggie – Hi! You know, I would not give up on that poodle lighter. I think if you want it bad enough it will probably find you. 🙂

It is kinda hard to find cool drinking glasses, but do not give up on those either – they are out there too. It seems like all the glasses I have were found all over the place from thrifts to flea markets and beyond!!!

I actually found all of these items last fall when my husband and I went on a huge road trip across the USA. We went to flea markets, antique shows, antique stores – you name it we went! It was a blast!!! So, no, the items were not found on the same day, over a few weeks time span I would say.

11. MoonDoggie Reply

March 26, 2011 at 10:25 am

You’re right, Sara. I’m just impatient.

Also, there doesn’t seem to be as much cool mid century to 70s stuff here in England. The stuff that does surface gets snapped up by resellers I think.

That said, I do prefer the ‘thrill of the chase’.