Home » Fashion » The Sexy Secretary Suit & Red Vintage Earrings

January 29, 2011

The Sexy Secretary Suit & Red Vintage Earrings

By RetroRuth

Oh. My. Goodness. Have I been having the retro-fun lately! My friend Kathryn (from Studio Grandbois) and I  had a great time dressing up and taking pictures the other day. Do you guys want to see some of the fun?

No? Too bad!!!

Ta-Da!!! How is that for fun?

By the way, this suit and earrings are for sale right now in my shop!

*Update, the suit has sold! This thing IS hot!

Also, do you see the snow in this shot??? Yep, I was really out there in the middle of Michigan winter, trying out my pin-up skills.

It kills me to sell the suit, because it is so sexy

But Kathryn and I had an amazing time, so it was totally worth it in the end.

Also, if you are in Michigan and are just dying to have retro pictures taken of you and your beloved (wardrobe, that is), Kathryn is a ton of fun and very talented! Shoot me an email and I can send you her contact info.

Don’t forget to check out the listing for the West German Red Bead Earrings!

Much, much more photo shoot fun to come!

9 Responses to The Sexy Secretary Suit & Red Vintage Earrings

January 29, 2011 at 10:49 am

Cha! Cha! Ching! Ruth, you look stunning and just like a pin-up goddess. I love your hair and makeup too. And the photography is awesome. Cheers all the way around!

(I’m not sure I could give up that suit or those earrings though!)

• RetroRuth Reply

January 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

Augh!!!! Don’t say that about the suit, Eartha! I already sold it and it is going to KILL me to pack it up and send it away!

January 29, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Such beautiful pictures Ruth! Really lovely. 🙂

January 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm

You look gorgeous, Ruth! And I think you should keep the earrings, they suit you perfectly!

4. Shannon Reply

January 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Just lovely! You look like you belong on a 1960 women’s magazine cover!

5. Toni Reply

January 29, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I just walked by a costume store in Covina, CA and they had half a dozen vintage coats fir sale. I thought of you! Wish I could have taken pictures. 🙁

6. Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com Reply

January 30, 2011 at 12:04 pm

What lovely photos, and a great idea for a photo shoot – what a nice change from the trad pin-up shots. Elegant and glamorous!

January 31, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Thanks, Sara! You know I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to dress up. 🙂

Glad you like them, Andrea! I will have to think about it. I won’t be sad if they don’t sell, I can tell you. 🙂

Thanks, Shannon! Hmmm…maybe I should start my own mag just to be on the front. Wouldn’t be the first person who did that!

Toni! Ahh! Vintage coats! You know I love ’em. 🙂

Thanks, Mod Betty. We were going for classy, so I am glad to hear we pulled it off!

8. Annie B. Reply

February 1, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Move over, Joan Holloway!!!! You are gorgeous!!!!