Home » Decade » 1950 » The Wilson House – Dining Room and Master Bedroom

February 3, 2011

The Wilson House – Dining Room and Master Bedroom

By Sara In AZ

I first found out about the Wilson House from my Mom back in 2004. She lived in Texas at the time and a local magazine had done an article on the Wilson House. She saved it for me because she knew I would LOVE the house — and boy was she right! I cannot believe it took sooooooo many years  for us to finally take a tour of this great house, but I am sooooooo glad we finally were able to do it.

Oh boy, just look at this dining room. Can’t you just picture the fantastic parties that went on here at the Wilson House?

Here is a view standing against the couch wall out onto the patio. You can also see the side of the fireplace in this photo.

A view down the dining room area. Don’t forget, that is all laminate on the walls!

The beautiful dining room table.

This is a photo of Ralph Wilson Sr. with the 4-H club.

A close-up of the dining room floor. Awesome!

And now we are onto the Master Bedroom. Just lovely!

Another picture of Ralph Wilson Sr.

This view is standing against the bed looking out onto the patio. Now you can totally see the U-shape.

Love the dresser with that lamp.

I’m just going to jump into bed right now and never, ever leave!

Y’all don’t think they would notice me living here would they? 🙂

Well, a girl can dream………………………….

The Wilson House is located in Temple Texas and I highly recommend a tour of this fantastic house, you will not be disappointed. You will need to call ahead and make an appointment, as the house is not open all the time. It is pretty much a one on one tour, so it is really cool to explore around the house by yourself  with the tour guide. The phone number for tours is 254.207.2806 and tours are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.

Click HERE for a  link to the Wilsonart Website, where there is some more information on the Wilson House.

Next Thursday – The Laundry Room and Laundry Bathroom.

8 Responses to The Wilson House – Dining Room and Master Bedroom

February 3, 2011 at 9:59 am

Love!!!! The blue laminate in the bedroom is awesome, especially with that orange bedspread! And the lamps! Wow.

2. Magnarama Reply

February 3, 2011 at 11:46 am

Gorgeous! I can hardly wait for the kitchen episode…

February 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm

This tour…whee!! That bedroom with the aqua and orange – my favorite color combo. Dreamy. I like that 4-H photo a lot too as expected. 🙂

4. Annie B. Reply

February 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Those dining room chairs I could SO use; the perfect style and the exact number I need.

The lamps are outrageously wonderful.

Great view of the U-shape, Sara. My gosh, how I would love to have a patio like that. Look at those cool cone lights at the corners of the roof. YOW!!!!!

February 3, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Ruth – I know, that aqua laminate on the walls was SO cool! I had to keep reminding myself that it was laminate! 🙂

Magnarama – Have your Kleenex and smelling salts ready! 🙂

Eartha – I adore the aqua and orange too – it looks SO fantastic! I had a feeling you would like that 4-H picture! 🙂

Annie B. – That dining room set is SO cool isn’t it! Don’t give up hope, you may find a set like this someday. I completely love all the lights too, and that U-shape patio – KILLER!!! 🙂

February 4, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Well, that’s it! Send for the medical examiner! He/she will rule my death as a deliberate overdose of MCM!

February 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow. I, too, would love to just move in, and hope that no one notices. Loving that dining room set, too. Just gorgeous!

February 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Sable – Medical Examiner is on his way! 🙂

Andrea – I was hoping they would say we could stay, but they wouldn’t let us. 😉