Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Mobile, Alabama

February 13, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Mobile, Alabama

By Sablemable aka Jan

I recently found a Time-Life cookbook about Southern Cooking at a local thrift store.  It was published in 1971 and was written by Eugene Walter, a native of Mobile.  After reading the book, I became enthralled with Mobile, so I was tickled pink to find a time-capsule MCM home there.

Our home is located at 3814 Ashley Drive South in the Yester Oaks subdivision.  It was built in 1961, has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, family room, formal dining room and an attached carport.  The house has 2,201 square feet of living space and has public water and sewer.  No mention of a basement or slab.  The property is brokered by the Dauphin Realty of Mobile and Julia Hackmeyer is the agent.  You may contact her at 251-479-1314.  The price is $224,000.00.  Photos courtesy of Keller Williams (www.kw.com).

THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE/CARPORT/PATIO

THE LIVING ROOM

THE DINING ROOM

THE KITCHEN

THE FAMILY ROOM

THE MASTER BEDROOM

BATHROOM ONE

BATHROOM TWO

What do you love about this house, readers?  I love the velvet headboard in the master bedroom!  And the wall mural in the dining room!

13 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Mobile, Alabama

February 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Oh my god! LOL at that velvet headboard!!! Awesome! I want.

2. Kelly Reply

February 13, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Yes! That headboard! I’d have to negotiate that baby into the home sale if I bought this house. I love the kitchen and that beautiful patio and the window in the living room. And is that a Flair oven in the kitchen? And the dining room light fixture. And the color of the wall tiles in the blue bathroom. And the pink bathroom with the wallpaper. And the carport and…and…okay, most everything!

3. Jeanne Reply

February 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm

If that headboard was turquoise, it would be straight out of Betty and Don Draper’s bedroom! I love it! The aqua bathroom is fantastic.

February 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

No one mentioned the bathtub in the blue bathroom. I think they were called Princess tubs, but don’t quote me on that.

Yes, yes, girls we are all in accord over that headboard!

February 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Holy crap, they have a sputnik in the entrance!!!!! 🙂

6. blackberry Reply

February 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm

def the dining room

7. Lorie B Reply

February 14, 2011 at 12:09 am

I would do some serious talking about leaving the furniture. That sofa in the front room. *sigh*….and that headboard. Couldn’t agree with the other ladies more. What a darling home. Mobile is a lovely city as well. Totally worth the asking price. But, I would ever get my VERY yankee hubby to move to the south. He lived there once and HATED it. LOL…and I love it. Go figure.

8. Dave Reply

February 14, 2011 at 1:57 am

You don’t have to be one of the girls to dig the headboard, I think it’s fab.

But I have to agree with Kelly and Sarah the Sputnik light fixture in the entry and the 3 globe over the dining table are my objets d’lust.

February 14, 2011 at 12:22 pm

LOL, Dave; we women and one man agree totally on the headboard!!!!!!!

I missed the sputnik in the entryway and I agree, Dave, about the hanging lights over the dining room table!

February 14, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Whoa! I just noticed the portrait over the couch! I’m dying to see more of that.

11. Heather Reply

February 16, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I do spy a 1962 Frigidaire Flair in the kitchen–just like mine!

12. thissideofgaudy Reply

February 19, 2011 at 12:06 am

Could I please have the corner tub?

13. Mary Toodles Reply

February 27, 2011 at 10:54 am

Really neat! The old school tv. What a fantastic time warp!