Home » Decade » 1950 » Antique Store Fun!

March 17, 2011

Antique Store Fun!

By Sara In AZ

Mike and I sure did visit A LOT of antique stores when we were on the road. It really was a blast. I took tons of pics so I could share some of the sights with y’all.

I thought this vintage butterfly lamp was cute. It was $160.

I loved the turquoise lamps, but they sure seemed pricey to me at $300 for the set. The 3 piece table set was also $300. Yikes!

I just LOVE pink and I thought this pink table and chair set was adorable.

It was $225.

YAY! A pink hair dryer! I loved it! The price was $60.

Lots of MCM loveliness!

The tag on this cool kidney shape coffee table said it was made by Carl Bissman. It was $250.

I just fell in love with this vintage bar. It was on wheels so you could even roll it around.

The price on this was $390.

Here is the original label inside of the bar.

Come back next Thursday for more antique store fun!

10 Responses to Antique Store Fun!

March 17, 2011 at 11:15 am

I love it all! You know that you should have bought that hair dryer. Your salon could have two chairs!

2. Barbara Reply

March 17, 2011 at 11:33 am

Wow, those prices are HIGH!

See that orange glass snifter on your kidney table? Yeah, I’m collecting those now too. I have five so far.

March 17, 2011 at 11:47 am

Eartha – I know, I loved that pink dryer. I need to think about expanding my salon! 🙂

Barbara – Yeah, that is what I thought too. I guess that’s why none of it came home with me! Oh well, it’s cool to see anyway. I thought that snifter was pretty cool. 🙂

March 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm

What the?…huh, I think I just died a little inside over that pink table!!! Wow.

5. Miss RM Reply

March 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I love that pink table and chairs set, too!

March 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Stop torturing me and pass the salts!

March 17, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Wow! I am drooling over those turquoise lamps – they would look perfect in my living room, hee! Crazy pricey, though. Although the pink table and chairs seemed to be priced pretty good, considering that they looked to be in quite good condition!

8. toni Reply

March 17, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Totally want the kidney shaped coffee table or the bar. Love. Doesn’t go with my husband’s tastes which is more Italian. 🙁

March 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Ruth – I LOVE that pink table!!! You never know, one could be in your future soon! 😉

Miss RM – Pink is my absolute favorite!!! Love, love, love it!!! 🙂

Sable – Eeks, sorry girl! *passing smelling salts* 🙂

Andrea – I know, I thought the prices on those lamps was really high too. $100 for the pair maybe, but $300 – noooooooo way. 🙂

Toni – Those kidney shaped tables are just delicious aren’t they. Maybe one day your husband will go for the retro style??? 🙂

10. jamie in Hollywood Reply

March 18, 2011 at 11:34 am

I’m drooling, absolutely drooling at the things you find! Here in Southern Cal., anything like this would be picked up by the folks that work in the thrift stores first; They would never even get on the floor! Good for you! Enjoy.