Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Atomic Yearbooks

April 5, 2011

Atomic Yearbooks

By Sablemable aka Jan

No, they don’t take off like rockets in the sky or explode; they just look that way!

Take a look at these high school yearbook covers that I found at e-yearbooks (www.e-yearbook.com).  Pssst!  The site is not free, however I gladly joined!

Angola High School (Angola, Indiana)

1CA4S70M51CAKJKP8U

Santa Barbara High School ( Santa Barbara, California)

1CABJPAFL

San Jose High School ( San Jose, California)

1CA2P7HX9

Riverside Polytechnic High School ( Riverside, California)

1CA2OETRK1CAY08NNG

Ramona High School ( Riverside, California)

1CABX5G9V

Poland High School ( Poland, New York)

1CA6D0UCU

Pacific High School ( San Bernardino, California)

1CABQJD43

College High School ( Upper Montclair, New Jersey)

1CA4XLO73

Clay Township High School ( Peru, Indiana)

1CA5JP6NR

Arlington Heights High School ( Fort Worth, Texas)

1CAZCJB3O

Kudos to the students who worked on the yearbook staffs at these schools!  They did a fantastic job with the designs, didn’t they?

Do you have an atomic yearbook, readers?

9 Responses to Atomic Yearbooks

1. Uncle Atom Reply

April 5, 2011 at 8:25 am

Very cool yearbook covers! I don’t have any, but you’ve got me thinking, because while I’m not originally from the Northern Virginia area, my daughter goes to Annandale High School, and their sports teams are the Annandale Atoms. I’ll bet they have some good yearbook covers.

April 5, 2011 at 10:29 am

Aren’t those neat-o, Uncle Atom? I looked for Annandale HS yearbooks, but e-yearbooks doesn’t have it yet. Hopefully, they’ll get some.

3. Lorie B. Reply

April 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm

My dad’s yearbook from Benton Harbor Middle school was really atomic looking. that was sometime around 1961 or so. He Graduated from BHHS in 63′. I used to LOVE looking through his yearbooks. I was such a different world than what we have now. I have said many times I was just plain born in thw wrong era. *sigh*

April 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Lorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of my yearbooks are kind of plain looking (BHHS grad ’72), but then again, everyone back in the early Seventies was moving away from tradional culture (except me!).

I know what you mean about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as there were things that I missed, too during the Fifties because I was just too young. You can only remember back so far, LOL!

We must get together, Lorie, since we live in the same county.

April 5, 2011 at 3:15 pm

These yearbooks really are great Sable, thanks for posting!

Can’t wait to hear about your meet and greet with Lorie B. I bet y’all will have a blast! 🙂

April 5, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Yes, we MCMers must stick together!!!!

Glad you liked the yearbook covers. I’ll be doing more posts on other aspects of vintage yearbooks later on. Lots and lots of interesting stuff in them!

7. Lorie B. Reply

April 5, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I would LOVE to get together sometime. E-mail me and we can set soemthing up. I am always looking for another retro lover to thrift with, LOL.

BTW – the antique mall in Michigan city (near Wal-Mart) has a fair quantity of fifties/MCM style things. They even had a few pieces of Heywood Wakefield. You might want to check it out.

April 6, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Love these covers, Jan!!! Great finds!

April 7, 2011 at 10:21 am

Lorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I have a pickup truck, so we can fill it full, LOL! Haven’t been to MC in a long time and now that the weather is behaving itself, we should take a road trip.

Just email me at maxwellsmom07@yahoo.com.

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuth! Glad you liked the yearbooks! Looking thru some of them was fun and made me wish I had been in high school back then!