Home » Decade » 1960 » Bonanza Ponderosa Ranch House For Sale!

April 28, 2011

Bonanza Ponderosa Ranch House For Sale!

By Sara In AZ

___________________________________________________________

Y’all have got to check out this house that came up in one of my recent house searches. Since my real estate agent has me set up on a computerized home search I get notifications every time a house that meets my criteria comes up. Basically that search is ‘old house’ – hee! Seriously, it’s homes 1945-1965 and at least 2000 sq feet – and half  of them we cannot afford. It is still fun to check out all the pictures though.

Anyway, this “Bonanza” house popped up and I knew I had to share it here on No Pattern. The listing states it is a custom home and it was built in 1963 to resemble the Ponderosa Ranch  from Bonanza. The listing goes on to say that actor Lorne Green, who played Ben Cartwright on Bonanza, once occupied the home. This home is on a HUGE golf course lot, of almost 1/2 acre, in Mesa Arizona. The house has just 2 bedrooms, but  it is a big 3,766 sq. feet. The listing price is $479,990. The price seems a bit steep to me, but hey if you like Bonanza this IS the house for you!

This property is listed by Venture In Realty, click HERE  for the link.

*Click on any picture to enlarge it!*

Yes, I would definitely say it resembles the Ponderosa Ranch!

Here is a view from the golf course looking into the backyard.

Oooohhhhhh, look at all that wagon wheel block surrounding the patio. Love!

Here is the living room. The beamed ceilings are really cool.

Check out the HUGE stone fireplace also in the living room! WOW!!!!

I read that the original Ponderosa had a ‘stairway to nowhere’. Looks like this house also replicated that, as they list this as the upstairs storage area. I’ll bet there is lots of storage behind there!

Here is the family room. Love all that wood!

Here is another HUGE fireplace, this one is in the family room.

Here is the bar in the family room. Really cool!

Here is the master bedroom bathroom. I don’t know what the original Ponderosa’s bathrooms looked like, but I’ll bet they were not this fancy!

Here is the guest bathroom. Both of the bathrooms definitely look original, from 1964, to me.

Lastly, here is the kitchen. I think it is so sweet. I love those original cabinets and that awesome Vent-A-Hood!

Giddy up cowpokes, let’s head on over to the Ponderosa!

14 Responses to Bonanza Ponderosa Ranch House For Sale!

April 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

Oh, Sara honey! Don’t go breakin’ poor ole Eartha’s heart!

April 28, 2011 at 11:38 am

Eeks, sorry Eartha! ;) If I win the lottery it’s yours!!!!!

3. Barbara Reply

April 28, 2011 at 11:50 am

The price may seem steep to you, but for that amount of property, on a golf course, in Arizona is DEAD CHEAP.

April 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Barbara – I think the price is still a bit on the steep side, as most of the properties in this community are on the golf course and are valued in the mid $100,000 range. Granted, this house is bigger than most of the other homes and is on a bigger lot, I just don’t think that makes it worth $300,000 more.

5. thissideofgaudy Reply

April 28, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I’m on my way now to make off with the yellow kitchen and the knotty pine walls.

April 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Mmmmmm….ranch-y!!!

I have to make a note to show this one to my Dad. Bonanza used to be one of his favorite shows. He is going to LOVE it!

April 28, 2011 at 9:52 pm

thissideofgaudy – I know, that kitchen is awesome and I love those walls!

Ruth – Maybe your Dad can buy it as a vacation house in Az! :)

8. frankieswife Reply

April 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

How I love the knotty pine built in bar! Also, the lantern ceiling fixtures in the kitchen…love em!

9. Barbara Reply

April 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I stand corrected. I guess I’m still used to 2008 prices. But look a the lot they have compared to the others…(view aerial map)

April 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm

frankieswife – That built in bar is the best!!!

Barabra – I totally agree, the lot they have is AWESOME! Seems like maybe $250,000 – $300,000 would be a more realistic price for the house in that area.

11. Tom Reply

June 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Just an update on the house. My wife and I bought it last August. We’re big Bonanza fans and we are restoring it to the way it looked in 1963. A fan event, in conjuction with the Arizona Golf Resort, is planned for next February. See our website http://www.lornegreenesponderosa.com for details.

• Sara In AZ Reply

June 5, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Tom!!! Amazing!!! You don’t know how happy I am that someone like you bought the house and is really doing it up right. You and your wife are fantastically awesome….a million thanks to you both! :)

12. Shaun Kasimir Reply

August 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Y’all: As you can tell, am a BIG fan of Ponderosa; have created an online “sovereign city-state” that tries to keep the homespun, “Olde West” values of the Cowboy Code. Would like to do more — one day, would like to visit y’all (even though blind). If y’all are ever in Los Angeles, Calif. we can meet at the Autry Western Heritage Center for lunch!

13. MRS. HANNA KELTANEN Reply