Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Easter Attire

April 19, 2011

Easter Attire

By Sablemable aka Jan

Easter is a time for a new look.  The latest in fashion is worn, but nothing compares with the Easter attire of the Mid-Century Modern women.

Pastel colors dominated and the look could be frothy and very feminine.

Or flower-y.

Or tailored.  (Nice beauty mark!)

If I had been a young woman during the early Sixties, here’s my choice of an Easter outfit.

A Jackie Kennedy style of suit, tailored and in pink.  Of course.

This suit dress is just what the doctor ordered!

I need shoes, stiletto heels.  Oooh!  I love these!

To the millinery for a hat, something that won’t crush my Easter hairdo.   A punch of color on this pillbox!  Perfect!

Now for a purse, gloves and a handkerchief.

Since my heels are my statement piece, I’ll go with a white leather handbag.

A pastel pink pair of leather shorties.

A lovely pink hanky.

Jewelry will be simple.  A pair of pearl stud earrings.

A trip to the hairdresser is in order.  A frost job, cut, style and a manicure.  I prefer this hip-flip hair style.

Pale pink nail polish will complete the look.  Of course, with matching lipstick.

Now I’m ready for Easter!

What’s in your Easter closet, readers?

Images are courtesy of the following:

The pink suit dress is for sale on Etsy from seller   birdandflowervintage.

The floral high heels are for sale on Etsy from seller grandmafliesabroom.

The pillbox hat is for sale on Etsy from seller ThatGirlNaNaNa.

The purse is for sale on Etsy from seller KlassyKlassics.

The gloves are for sale on Etsy from seller yellowjacketvintage.

The hanky is for sale on Etsy from seller WizzleSneet.

The pearl earrings are for sale on Etsy from seller leesasimpson.

The hairdo photo is from www.e-yearbook.com.

The makeup ad is from www.vintageadbrowser.com.

The MCM catalog images are from my personal collection.

8 Responses to Easter Attire

April 19, 2011 at 11:01 am

My Easter closet is bare but I’d love for that first pink dress to be in it! And I agree with your choice of the flip hairstyle!

I miss those old Cutex bottles – fancy!

April 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Oooohhhh, I’m with Eartha! I’ll take one of the poufy pink dresses please!!! 🙂 You know me and my crinolines. 😉 Sweet post Sable, Happy Easter!

April 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Earthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Good ol’ Cutex nail polish and lipstick! I miss them, too. Glad you “chose” your dress, LOL!

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Yep, I gathered that you’d like the pink frothy dress! Looks like she’s wearing layers of crinolines to keep the skirt poofy. Knowing my luck, I’d sit in the pew and my dress would fly up, LOL!

Happy Easter to you both, Eartha and Sara!

4. DrJulieAnn aka The Modern Retro Woman Reply

April 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Oh….! *sigh* I’m feeling the urge to call up my mother and sisters so that we can all have matching dresses on Easter!

I have nothing new for Easter this year. Is it too late to start sewing something up?

Thank you for the delicious visuals!

5. jamie in Hollywood Reply

April 20, 2011 at 12:35 pm

What a treat! Lovely and timeless is great design and these sweetly feminine frocks and such are worthy of emulation again, in my never to be humble opinion. As always, thank you for sharing. A beautiful and hopeful Easter and Spring to all from LaLaLand!

April 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

Dr. Julieeeeeeeeeee!!!!! LOL, I had forgotten those mother/daughter matching ensembles! Thankfully, my mother never put me through that!

Jaimieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Yes, I wish dressing with modest femininity and style were in fashion again. Tired of seeing midriffs and rear-ends.

To all, have a beautiful Easter and remember Jesus!

April 21, 2011 at 10:52 am

Forgot, forgive me: Happy Passover, too!

8. thissideofgaudy Reply

April 28, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I own a Jackie O dress and matching pillbox hat in a pink very similar to the one here, but with a full-length jacket instead of a short one. Sadly, it doesn’t fit me and never will. It is a vintage 8.