Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » MCM Home Improvement: Kitchens With A Flair

April 1, 2011

MCM Home Improvement: Kitchens With A Flair

By Sablemable aka Jan

That is, kitchens with a Frigidaire Flair range!

After reading a comment by reader Heather and her 1962 Flair, I had to find out if there were any vintage Flairs for sale.  So, off I went down Craigslist Lane to find them.  The following are only a small portion of Flair ranges for sale on Craigslist.

From Tucson, Arizona, the seller has his/her Flair for sale at the price of $450.00.  I accidentally cropped off the posting ID#, so here it is:  2265717967.

Next up, a 1960 Flair from Bossier City, Louisiana for $275.00.

From Seattle, Washington comes a built-in Flair for $150.00.

If you need spare parts or are a handyman or handywoman, a seller in Minneapolis, Minnesota is selling his Flair for $75.00.  According to the seller, everything works EXCEPT for 2 burners.

How many of you already have a Frigidaire Flair range in your MCM homes?  Tell us about your Flair and where you found it!

7 Responses to MCM Home Improvement: Kitchens With A Flair

April 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

Not me…but I wish! Soooooooo cool!

April 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

Me, too, Earthaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I don’t care for electric burners, but……

3. Barbara Reply

April 1, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I want one so badly!!

4. Glenda Reply

April 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I had one many years ago – got ride of my Great-Grandmother’s REALLY COOL early 50’s range for one of these, which I did NOT like after I got it. Bought it at an auction for like $85. The area where the burners were pulled out, then pushed back in to save space. Lots of space for pots & pans underneath. I think the main reason I didn’t like it, ELECTRIC. I cannot even remember what I did with it……probably gave it away to some needing relative.

Glenda

5. Uncle Atom Reply

April 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I have one occupying a dark corner of my basement. The poor thing is pining away the years waiting for our kitchen redo. Found it about 3 years ago thanks to a tip from another blogger about 90 miles away from me. It weighs A LOT, these things are incredibly heavy, and mine doesn’t even have the underneath storage compartment. There’s also a Google group devoted to Flairs. http://groups.google.com/group/frigidaire-flair/?pli=1

April 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

No Flair for me! But, I would desperately want one if I did not already have my pink ovens!!! 🙂

7. Amy Reply

April 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm

There’s actually a few ads on flickr with this same oven unit too. I’m about to blog about it, will add your link with the adverts 🙂