Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Louisville, Kentucky

April 17, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Louisville, Kentucky

By Sablemable aka Jan

Welcome to Louisville!  Home of the Kentucky Derby and mint juleps and MCM houses!

Our featured home is located at 1107 Markwell Lane and was built in 1958.  The exterior is limestone (love it!) and there are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2,032 square feet of living space.  No basement.  The prices is a sweet $135,750.00!  For more information, contact Keller Williams Realty Louisville East at (502) 554-9500.

This is such a cute home!  I love the glass brick window in the bathroom, the wrought iron railings, aluminum storm door and the original front door.

What are your favorites, readers?

9 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Louisville, Kentucky

April 17, 2011 at 4:35 pm

The stone on this house is really beautiful and that pink bathroom is spectacular!!!!

April 17, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Oh, I really love this one! I am a huge fan of glass block, so I am loving the big wall of it in the bathroom. I am also drooling over the limestone exterior, gorgeous!

April 17, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I love so much about this one. The color of the exterior…that little front porch..that screened in area out back…the kitchen cabinets and those cute swinging doors! I also really love that all of the molding and doors are still original wood and not painted. That’s hard to come by. And that enormous mirror over that gorgeous fireplace. And of course the bathroom. And that amazing tree out front. Yep, I love a LOT! 🙂

4. Adriane Reply

April 18, 2011 at 12:22 am

This house looks like it belongs inside a Christmas snowglobe. That limestone is so lovely. The inside looks amazing, too, especially at that price! I love the little outdoor seating area. Classy. 🙂

April 18, 2011 at 10:22 am

I want that pink sink! I have no idea what I would do with it, but I want it badly…

Beautiful house! Great find, Jan!

April 19, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’m so happy you all enjoyed the tour of this week’s MCM time capsule!

You all know what a brick and limestone fanatic I am and I’m trying hard to show a wood sided house, but……

Yes, I love the bathroom and the kitchen cabinets and the entry door and the wrought iron.

Did anyone notice the original outside wall light? I’ll take it!

7. pam kueber Reply

April 21, 2011 at 10:31 am

My hometown-ish. In KY, we call that exterior: Bedford Stone. Fabulous house.

April 21, 2011 at 10:48 am

Hi, Pam! Thanks for the info on the stone! Here in Michigan we specifically call it Indiana Limestone, even if it came from Ohio, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

9. Anna Reply

April 21, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I totally just had a moment! I saw that kitchen and it’s almost exactly like the one that my grandparent’s built in 1946! My mom sold the house and the new owner’s ripped out all of the cabinets and replaced them with something awful.

I saw the pictures of this kitchen and actually got a little teary eyed. 🙂 Who knew that cabinets could do that to a girl?