Home » Decade » 1950 » Texas Flea Market Finds!

May 12, 2011

Texas Flea Market Finds!

Sara In AZ

Hmmmmmmm, so what did I manage to scrounge  up at the sales this time? Well check it out y’all!

I found these Burwood Jester wall plaques. Don’t you just love how kitschy these are!

I think I will proclaim this year as the ‘Year of the Lights’! For some reason I found a ton of vintage lights.  Please excuse the dust, as I had not cleaned them up yet. There were no labels on these lights so I have no idea who made them.

These next lights are MOE pendants. I bought all these lights from the same guy. He said the pendants were in his bathroom and the above lights were in his neighbors bathroom — before they gutted the bathrooms out. Ugh! Just what I wanted to hear. At least they saved the lights. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr……………………..

I could not pass up a sweet little Bradley Mermaid.

Ruth and I found a stash of old magazines, they were cheap so we got all we could! I stocked up on Ladies Home Journal and bought the only 2 House Beautiful magazines they had.

Ruth found this dress first, buy decided to pass since it was not her size. I debated about buying it but could not pass up a vintage dead-stock house dress. Thanks Ruth!

Ruth spotted this light from about a mile away. Ruth wanted it at first, but she and Tom decided it would not work in their house. So I swooped in for the rescue! This is also a MOE light.

I found this sweet little wall plaque fish.

Look, the fish still has his original price tag from Woolworths – 79 cents! Awesome!

Lastly, one headvase I could not pass up. This was marked ‘Relco’ . I thought she was really pretty so I decided she was coming home with us!

Thanks for sharing in all my Texas flea market finds y’all!

10 Responses to Texas Flea Market Finds!

May 12, 2011 at 8:27 am

Oh! My! Gosh! Those lights are glorious, girl! And that sweet dress with the rick-rack trim – love it. And hot dog – those magazines! You did pretty good for it to be a slow year the flea market.

May 12, 2011 at 8:51 am

I agree, you totally got the cream of the crop! I am so glad you went back to give that light a good home, it was just too fantastic for us to pass it up!

And my magazine stash has given me HOURS of entertainment. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine!!

May 12, 2011 at 10:52 am

Eartha – I know those lights are crazy cool huh? We were pretty stoked when we found those magazines! We definitely did ok, esp. being that it was a pretty lean year. 🙂

Ruth – Thanks for finding that light! We did manage to find the the best stuff they had there didn’t we. I LOVE all my magazines, so glad we spotted those! 🙂

OK, off to paintland girls!

4. Barbara Reply

May 12, 2011 at 11:30 am

If you decide not to keep the magazines when you are through reading them, I will gladly buy them from you!

5. Amy M Reply

May 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm

What years are the magazines? Vintage magazines are my weakness!!!!

6. What great finds! I’m jealous of the magazines find but I think my favorite is that adorable little fish. Too cute for words.

7. Lorie B Reply

May 12, 2011 at 7:11 pm

First of all, WHERE do you put all of this stuff you buy?? My house is crammed full with the needed stuff.

Secondly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lights.

Lastly, ARGHHHHH!!! You mentioned Woolworths. *sigh* I loved that place. It was one of my very favorite places to go growing up. I remember having lunch at the counter many times as a kid with my Grandma.

May 13, 2011 at 10:46 am

Barbara – I will let you know if there are any I want to get rid of.

Amy M. – Thye are all from the 1950s. I love 50s magazines!

Dr JulieAnn – Thanks! I am totally in love with that silly little fish!

Lori B. – I guess I just make room for what I love. I plan to eventually use the lights when we find our dream house. Woolworths was the best!

May 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Those lights! That dress! Those magazines! That everything! I like your taste, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Good show!