Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Midland, Michigan

May 15, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Midland, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

A great big thank you to Retro Ruth (our heroine) for finding today’s WYBMN home!

At 2609 Manor Drive, this brick and sided one and one-half (1-1/2) story home has 4 bedrooms (2 down, 2 up) and 2 full bathrooms (1 down, 1 up), 2,094 square feet of living space, a full basement, a 2-car detached garage and city water and sewer, all for the sweet price of $150,000.00!   The house was built in 1954 (great year!) and is listed with Ayre/Rhinehart Realtors (989-631-7000).  Photos are courtesy of Midland Online.

THE FRONT AND BACK

2609front

2609back

THE LIVING ROOM WITH A GREAT FIREPLACE AND BUILT-INS

2609living

THE DINING ROOM

2609dining

THE KITCHEN

2609kitchen

THE MASTER BEDROOM

2609masterbedroom

THE DOWNSTAIRS FULL BATHROOM IN PINK!

2609pinkbath

THE UPSTAIRS FULL BATHROOM IN GRAY

2609graybathupstairs

THE SUNROOM, WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN ADDED ON AT SOME LATER TIME

2609sunroom

This is a well preserved home with all of the original details like the mosaic tiled bathroom floors.   The neighborhood looks serene and I can imagine a young, hip MCM loving couple taking a stroll down the sidewalks, pushing the baby carriage.

What say you, readers?

7 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Midland, Michigan

May 15, 2011 at 11:17 am

Cute, cute, cute! The built ins and those bathrooms are gorgeous!

May 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! If you come across a MCM house in O Canada, please forward the real estate link to me. I have tried a search for them, but not luck so far.

BTW, it’s cold (again!), damp and rainy, typical northern weather, LOL!

May 15, 2011 at 12:40 pm

What awesome bathrooms!!! I love that fireplace too.

Great find Ruth and great post Sable! 🙂

May 15, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Jan!! Thanks for posting this one. That cool gray bathroom is just so…ahhh…serene! I took one look at that baby and thought, “Man, everyone has to see this!”

May 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me want to move to Midland, it does!

May 15, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Saaaaable! Yes, I will definitely keep my eyes open for houses for you, as I like to regularily browse the MLS! The problem is that although my town is chock full of houses from the right time period, ones that haven’t had the MCM renovated out of them are few and far between 🙁

It is so windy here (again!) today, we may just all blow away here!

May 16, 2011 at 10:02 am

Neat as a pin and super cute! I’ll take it! 🙂 I love the counter and back splash color.