Home » Decade » 1950 » 1959 Fall and Winter Sears Catalog Part 2

June 23, 2011

1959 Fall and Winter Sears Catalog Part 2

By Sara In AZ

Ok y’all here is the finale to our Sears shopping experience.

Well, you never know, I may just take some more pictures and post them down the road. There is only like 700 more pages or something. 🙂

*click on any picture to enlarge it*

Get a load of the Sears Catalog Sales Office!!! I want, I want I want!

I especially want all of those drapes.

I’m not a really huge carpet fanatic, but these carpets are AWESOME!!! I really like that ‘Needlepoint’ all wool carpet.

OH. MY. STARS. I think I spot starburst floorcovering! I so wish we still had stuff like this available today.

All right, that’s it! “Hello Sears, yes it’s me Sara In AZ,and I need to order some of that Harmony House non-porous vinyl in Spice Brown with Cherry Pink and Ming Blue IMMEDIATELY!”

I just almost can’t stand it anymore……………so cool, so insanely cool.

Check it out, if you wanted that entire room of Modern furniture pictured on the top it would be about $120 for everything!!! Yes, even with the 2 Lounge Sofas all the tables and the chair!!!

Lord have mercy, it is a Frieze couch and chair! And you can get them in Aquamarine too! YAY!!! And a sweet little Western set too! Double YAY!!!

Oh my, my heart is jumping now. Look at ALL these cool pull-downs! Ummmmm,  yeah, I think I’ll take one of each!

Simply, fantastically awesome!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shower Ensembles! I’ll take the pink shower curtain with shells and the pink flamingo shower curtain too.

How great is this – Sears had steel cabinets for sale!!!

And double drainboard sinks too!

Sears had pages and pages of cabinets for sale, both metal and wood. And look, they even have cool steel wall cabinets with glass doors too!

Even more steel cabinets and a cool diner booth!

Sears even had whole bathrooms (sink, toilet, tub)  that you could order through the catalog.

*swoon* How awesome is this bathroom!

“Ummmmmm yeah Sears, it me, Sara In AZ, again……………………………………….”

11 Responses to 1959 Fall and Winter Sears Catalog Part 2

June 23, 2011 at 12:19 pm

You know, if I was transported back in time and I was able to pick housewares from that showroom at the top, I don’t think I would be able to handle it. I think my head would just explode from all the coolness.

June 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Ruth – Each and every night I pray to God that there will be a way to travel back in time just so I can visit this Sears showroom – but yeah, my head would completely explode too! 🙂

3. Lorie B Reply

June 24, 2011 at 1:20 am

I sometimes dream that there is a long forgotten warehouse of Sears catalog stuff from the mid fifties just waiting for me to find and buy at an auction for something like $50. And I will be able to redo my whole house from it. *sigh*

• RetroRuth Reply

June 24, 2011 at 9:13 am

Lorie!!! Let’s all hold onto that dream. God, if only it would come true!

June 24, 2011 at 3:06 pm

OMG, girls, I have that same dream, too! I would have a terrific headache from my eyeballs traveling from side to side, up and down trying to make certain I didn’t miss anything!

I love that pedestal sink shown!

June 24, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Please girls, if any dream can come true at all let’s hope and pray that it is this one!!! 🙂

6. Rebecca Reply

June 24, 2011 at 3:40 pm

How thrilling to see my kitchen pull-down light fixture named in the Sears catalog: A LEMAITRES ORIGINAL! All copper, thankyouverymuch! It came with my house, which was built in 1958.

June 24, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Rebecca – AWESOME!!! You are SO lucky to have the original light!

June 25, 2011 at 9:06 am

Time capsule please. And a credit card with no limits!

9. Oh My Mod Reply

July 3, 2011 at 12:01 am

Love the light advertisements. I picked up a retractable Moe Light like those depicted in the ads the other day for a few dollars. It’s fantastic and is in great condition. Love it.

July 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Eartha – Coming right up girl!!!

Oh My Mod – You are insanely lucky to have found a light for only a few $$$! You should definitely post a pic of it so we all can see.