Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » MCM Home Improvement: My July To-Do List

June 24, 2011

MCM Home Improvement: My July To-Do List

By Sablemable aka Jan

This is it, gang, the final draft of my to-do list for July!  I had to pick what I considered to be the most important tasks to do; I mean the important tasks that my Bob will do!  Thank you, my Turtledove for being such a Handy Andy!

Here we go!

1.  Paint the exterior.

2.   Change the front and storm doors.

3.   Add the brick or stone work over the area with the vertical window.

4.   Change the outdoor lighting at the entry and the post.

5.   Finalmente!  The mailbox is history!

Stay tuned for the after photos sometime in August.

8 Responses to MCM Home Improvement: My July To-Do List

1. Betty Crafter Reply

June 24, 2011 at 10:25 am

I can’t wait to see the progress! What kind of front door are you getting? We just bought a Crestview door but it hasn’t been installed yet. We got new house numbers from Crestview Doors too. As for the storm door, not sure if you have something in mind, but my friend sells these amazing retro screen door inserts:
    I bet you could use them on a storm door.
    Are you installing a vintage mailbox?

• RetroRuth Reply

June 24, 2011 at 10:32 am

Sable! Ha ha!! Your to-do list looks just like ours! I am going to have to take a page from your book and post some of the progress we have made on our outside checklist in the last year!

Betty – Thanks for the fun link! Can you explain a little more about how the inserts work? They look neat!

2. Betty Crafter Reply

June 24, 2011 at 11:00 am

Here’s what my friend says about the inserts:
    “They are just the metal insert part and they screw into an existing single pane screen door. The insert is partially made at my factory and I have a friend welding the final touches then shipping it for me. It usually takes a couple of weeks to ship.”
    Hope that helps!
    They are pretty darling, aren’t they?

June 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Bettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I couldn’t snap a pic of the door that’s at my other MCM ranch cause it was pouring down rain the last couple of days, but Crestview Doors has the same design. Yes, I am getting a retro mailbox. You’ll have to be patient and wait for the after photos to see what I’ve chosen. I did a post a while back about Crestview doors and how they’d look on my house. I think if you searched for it here, you’d see the ones I liked the best. Those inserts are fantastic, BTW.

Ruthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I love making lists, but never get around to doing anything on them! Bob will be busy.

June 24, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Wow, that is quite a list Sable – I don’t evny Bob! 😉

I can’t wait to see the after pics!!!

June 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm

OOoooooohhhh Saaaaaabbblllee! I can’t wait to see your after pics!

June 25, 2011 at 9:08 am

Wow, that’s a lot of work. I hope that Bob gets plenty of back rubs and lemonade! Can’t wait to see the results.

7. jamie in Hollywood Reply

June 26, 2011 at 1:33 pm

This is exciting! Thank you for posting this and being so generous with pictures of yourself, family and lovely home. That goes for all of you pretty gals! I am interested in seeing the progress you make and know with your fine taste, (MCM, of course) it will be fabuuuuu!
    One note: I have found that front doors, (and doors in general) cost more than I ever thought. Ouch! However, they are making MCM style doors and they can be really spiffy and quite wonderful and they make them in all sorts of materials. I’m looking for one for my home in the desert where I’ve been told all the front doors are made of fiberglass or metal. Who knew? I guess it’s because of the heat. Anyway, this will be fun to watch.