Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Livonia, Michigan

June 19, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Livonia, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

Today’s home is located at 14321 Sunbury Street in Livonia, Michigan.  Livonia is on the east side of the state, outside of Detroit.

The home is a brick and stone ranch built in 1959.  There are 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms; 1,485 square feet, detached 2-car garage and finished basement.  Although the storm doors have been replaced and ceiling fans installed, this home still has that MCM charm.

The broker is Real Estate One-West Bloomfield, (248) 851-4100 and is listed for $114,500.00.  Photos are courtesy of Realtor.com (www.realtor.com).

THE FRONT & DETACHED GARAGE

bb1

bb2

yb

THE FINISHED BASEMENT

bs

bs2

I saw tons of features that I adored!

What did you like about this home, readers?

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Livonia, Michigan

1. Becky Reply

June 19, 2011 at 9:42 am

First off, that is about as close to my dream house as a house can be.

I love EVERYTHING about it. I’d buy it lock, stock and barrel, including the dinette set and those lamps in the bedroom.

I think my favorite part of it is the outside, really. I love that stone, the accent part of roman brick (is it the fireplace) and the original door. There are a lot of great 50′ and 60’s ranches in our surrounding neighborhood where I walk, and every time I pass one with an original door I just get a big ol’ grin on my face. Sadly they are few and far between.

2. Becky Reply

June 19, 2011 at 9:43 am

Looking again more closely I see that it’s not stone, but stone-colored brick, and the roman brick is just an accent wall. I still love it, LOL.

June 19, 2011 at 10:35 am

Hi, Becky!!!! I, too, love these homes-they’re just the right size! Those bedroom lamps are the bomb, but did you notice the floor lamp in the living room?

June 19, 2011 at 11:49 am

Wow, I love everything about this place! I think the only thing didn’t like was the pink carpet in the kitchen, but that would be very easily remedied.

June 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Andreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! Yep, I’ll even come over and help you tear up the carpet!

6. Becky Reply

June 19, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Yes, that floor lamp is awesome. And I have never seen an oven like that one, with the timer and the clock at the bottom. Love the color.

I would have loved to have seen pics of this before it was cleaned out, it’s so obviously a great time capsule house.

7. ae Reply

June 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Shuffleboard in the basement brings back some good memories.

June 20, 2011 at 9:33 am

Great house Sableeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

9. Betty Crafter Reply

June 20, 2011 at 9:43 am

I agree with Becky – the best feature of the house is definitely the exterior! The entry is perfect – the front door and address plate are spot on and look just right with the stone. But I also am drooling over the built in oven in the kitchen and the floor lamp in the living room! Also, I would commit a class B misdemeanor for that shuffleboard floor…

10. Garnet Scarabin Reply

June 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

What don’t I love would be an easier query to answer! Bestill my heart, a mint green wall oven! Then the pink bathroom? Love it. THEN the blue bathroom? LOOOOOOVE it! AND THEN the yellow bathroom? Really, it was too much and I nearly died!!! Then the shuffleboard tiles in the basement pretty much keeled me over.