Home » Decade » 1950 » Finds!

July 21, 2011

By Sara In AZ

Here are my recent thrift store finds y’all!

For some reason I always seem to come across these tile mosaic tray-ish things. This one is actually more of a shallow bowl, it is hard to tell from this picture though.

I completely could not pass up this sweet little Ceramicraft Seal!

I thought this atomic looking mirror/planter was super cool. The mirror is all angled, and it is hard to tell but the mirror angles in toward the top too.

I thought these space age/rocket glasses were completely awesome!

Lastly, I found a print by Vladimir Tretchikoff. This one is called Chinese Girl. Vladimir Tretchikoff started painting the Chinese Girl in 1946 and finished it in 1950. Millions of prints were made of the Chinese Girl over the years, making it one of his most popular works.

I hope y’all have found some treasures too!

6 Responses to Finds!

1. Uncle Atom Reply

July 21, 2011 at 7:58 am

Wow, love the mirrored planter and rocket glasses – nice finds!

July 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

Holy geek-squeal, Sara! Those rocket glasses are beyond awesome, and I am totally jealous of that Chinese Girl print. Score!

3. Betty Crafter Reply

July 21, 2011 at 9:53 am

I can’t believe you found a Tretchikoff! So jealous…I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for one! All your other finds are pretty amazing too – we need to go shopping together! 😉

July 21, 2011 at 11:32 am

Uncle Atom – Thanks! Somehow I know you’d like that shadowbox! 🙂

Ruth – Eeeeeeeeeee!!! Thanks girl! 🙂 I completely thought of you when I found those glasses. Can’t wait to see pics from your big haul, sounds spectacular!

Betty – I’m sure you will come across a Tretchikoff sooner or later, I didn’t even know I was looking for one and I found it! 🙂 And girl, you know we do need to go shopping together – you can show me where you find all those Collins bags!

July 22, 2011 at 11:42 am

Super nice, girl! I’ve never seen those rocket glasses before – sublime.

July 22, 2011 at 3:07 pm