Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » MCM Home Improvement: Room Dividers

July 22, 2011

MCM Home Improvement: Room Dividers

By Sablemable aka Jan

Remember these room dividers from past Won’t You Be My Neighbor posts?

Well, I want one!  I already have the built-in base, just not the top section.

I checked online for some ideas for the top and whatever else was out there that would look great in a MCM home.

This storage divider from www.onestopmodern.com  looks easy to duplicate to my needs, with or without sliding doors.

Although this free-standing room divider was sold on Etsy by seller Thequeenofre, I almost, no I did, faint dead away!

Is there a room divider in your MCM home, readers?

10 Responses to MCM Home Improvement: Room Dividers

July 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm

I wish! 🙂

2. Betty Crafter Reply

July 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I will forever mourn not being the one to score that amazing room divider off etsy…

3. Becky P S Reply

July 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Yeppers. we are the proud owners of a bookcase divider that also has a sliding door section at the bottom. We have it between what would be our dining area and our living room. LOVE it.

4. Kirk W Reply

July 22, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Okay, the pink, turqouise and kelly green kitchen color scheme ROCKS! Actually I really like all these room dividers. I can remember watching Let’s Make a Deal and seeing freestanding room dividers as prizes. They were so sculptural and interesting. Thanks for posting. Suggestion: Post some pole lamp pictures sometimes. There were some really cool ones from the ’50s through the ’70s.

July 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Sadly no room dividers in my home – it’s very much a separate room floorplan that doesn’t lend itself to it 🙁

That one on Etsy was utterly gorgeous, wow! The person who got that one is sooo lucky!

6. Nick Klaus Reply

July 22, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Room dividers are excellent. I’m trying to keep a mid-century influence in my apartment, and though I’m currently stuck with an ikea piece, I’m upgrading to something nicer and more authentic.
    Can’t wait to see what the top part is going to look like!

7. jamie in Hollywood Reply

July 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I am so glad you posted this. Nothing says MCM like a fabulous room divider! We had a large room divider when I was growing up. My Uncle Stan. The one that sold on Etsy was wonderful, so over the top and yet perfect. Looked better than Stan.

8. Susie Reply

July 24, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I do not have a room divider, although it is one of my most desired interior elements! I have entertained the idea of building one between my living room and dining room. It would be constructed of brick (in the color matching my fireplace), forming a planter, with criss-crossing strings extending to the ceiling for climbing plants. But, room dividers are THE BEST, so I’d settle for any type! I will say, they are hard to come by online.

9. DG Reply

September 15, 2016 at 1:32 am

I have the last picture as my room divider. Anybody know who made it or what year it was made?