Home » Culture & Media » Cars & Trucks » Pink Vintage Campers And Show Daily In Texas

July 11, 2011

Pink Vintage Campers And Show Daily In Texas

By RetroRuth

Is anything more fantastic that a vintage pink trailer??

How about a vintage pink trailer in the middle of a giant antiques festival?

How about a vintage pink trailer in the middle of a giant antiques festival AND me in my vintage dress?

Here is the adorable Bliss Lounge, a fun restored trailer with a feminine and funky personality.

Pink stove + pink Formica = Bliss!

Tom literally had to pry me out of this thing because others were waiting for their turn inside the pink beauty. (“Noooooo!”)

But I didn’t have too much to complain about, because this is the site that greeted me when I got out:

More lovely pink beauties! Double bliss!

But since Tom had been so patient with me and my little “scene” inside the trailer (“No, Tom! I don’t want to leave!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!”) I agreed to take his choice of picture.

Tom and the big metal chicken. A match made in heaven.

And, of course, one more fun picture:

Here Sara is scouring the sales and channeling Lucille Ball! She got so many compliments on her awesome yellow dress that day.

Ahhh…Sara, the Yellow Rose of Texas…

12 Responses to Pink Vintage Campers And Show Daily In Texas

1. Deb Reply

July 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm

You both look fabulous, and I LOVE the trailers!

July 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm

That trailer was awesome and Tom + the big metal chicken = true love always!!! 😉

You look fabulous, I look like hell. It was only like 800 degrees outside 🙂 , and you still look awesome girl!

What a blast though, SO glad y’all made it down!

3. Betty Crafter Reply

July 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Is that Roundtop? I live and die for Roundtop. (Or, to be specific, Warrenton). And I need more details about the pink trailer convention! Love it.

July 11, 2011 at 9:10 pm

OMG … I am utterly in LOVE with that pink trailer!

July 11, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Oh yes Betty, it IS Warrenton! My husband and I have been going there for a while now and we finally talked Ruth and Tom into meeting up with us there last spring and we had a blast, but it was HOT, HOT, HOT that day!!!

6. Nick Klaus Reply

July 12, 2011 at 12:31 am

Oh how cute! The tiny (but still functional) kitchenette is probably my favorite part of that trailer. #formicalove

July 12, 2011 at 11:20 am

Thanks, Deb!!!

Sara – You silly thing, you always look picture-perfect! And everyone just adored your dress. I remember one lady in particular who would have happily traded anything she had in her booth to get it. The one who saw one similar in New York for $$$??? Ahh…memories…we had such a good time!

Betty – Yep!! Sara is right, she totally talked us into stopping there on our roadtrip. It was a blast! The trailer thing was a strange coincidence. There was a booth there where we stumbled upon the Bliss Lounge trailer (you can check out her website here http://vintagebliss.typepad.com for more pics of the trailer!) and then right after we walked outside there were just a bunch more right behind it, and I think one of them was for sale so people were walking through them. It was an amazing moment where pink heaven just kind of all came together!

Andrea – Isn’t it the best??? I was dying over it!

Nick – The kitchen really is the best, and the Formica was awesome!

July 12, 2011 at 11:37 am

Looks like a great day – even despite the heat. I love that little trailer (the counter tops especially) and you and Sara look as cute as can be! I guess I am hoping too much to think that y’all brought home that pizza guy and a metal chicken?

July 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Ruth – I do remember exactly who you are talking about, if only she would have had a booth full of mermaids………. 🙂 It was awesome though and thank god for the lemonade slush!!!

Eartha – Thanks!!! I think Tom REALLY wanted that chicken! I loved that pizza guy, but he just wouldn’t fit in the truck. 🙂

10. Jen Reply

July 13, 2011 at 3:22 pm

There is SO much cute there. Hubby and I have been keeping our eyes open for a cute vintage trailer for the past year or so…Though I’m not sure he’d go for pink. LOL (I would!)

11. Tricia Samsal Reply

July 24, 2011 at 11:17 am

Just found your site, thanks so much for loving the trailer. I adore it to pieces and am so happy htat people love it. It’s going thru a few changes, nothing drastic, just found some lovely lights for it, and fresh up of paint, and we’ll be back at Warrenton! Yippee! Thanks for stopping, hope to see you in the Fall!
    Hugs, Tricia

12. Pingback: Vintage Dresses And The Pink Palace In Memphis | No Pattern Required