Home » Decade » 1950 » Retro Ranch House

July 28, 2011

Retro Ranch House

By Sara In AZ

Well, Mike and I are still on the house hunt here in AZ. The following house is one we went through awhile back. This was not the house for us, but it did have some really great, original features.

This house was built in 1956 and has 3378 sq feet.

Here is the front of the house. It was a sweet little ranch house!

I thought the original front door was so cool, I just love that color on the top and bottom!

This is the dining room where they had this awesome built-in hutch. Love!

These are the cool wooden beamed ceilings in the dining room. So pretty!

Here is the family room. I really liked this room because it felt so warm and cozy. This room had knotty pine wooden ceilings and the whole area where the TV is was knotty pine too. Super sweet!

This is one of the original lights in the family room.

Gold fleck counter alert!!!

And yes, they DID have a pink bathroom! Oh gosh, I hope it still lives to this day!

Pink tile counter and sink!

I love these old floors with the gold flecks embedded in them.

This was a pocket door that partitioned off the bedrooms from the formal living room. It was original and had little plants and glitter embedded in it. It was really cool.

The formal living room. Love that fireplace and the little shelving unit which has the same plastic backing as the pocket door above.

Unfortunately, the kitchen had been remodeled. The original owners daughter, who walked us through the house, said the kitchen had also been all knotty pine but had been remodeled sometime in the 1980s. Bummer.  It still has the awesome copper hood though!

So, even though this was not the house for us it was still cool to go through anyway!

I hope y’all enjoyed the tour.

9 Responses to Retro Ranch House

July 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

Sara!!! That pocket door with the glitter is phenomenal! How I wish our pocket doors had the same detail.

Great house, too bad about the kitchen, though. Do you know if it ever sold? I hope that bathroom is still intact and got some MCM TLC!

2. Betty Crafter Reply

July 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

Wow! Lot’s of promise there! Was it just the kitchen that turned you off? I can’t begin to tell you how much I covet that pocket door – I am a huge confetti fan – jewelry, purses, and now apparently pocket doors 🙂

3. Barbara Reply

July 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out why you didn’t like the house!

I am so incredibly jealous of the cost of homes you guys post. California homes can be insanely expensive.

July 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Hey y’all – Those glitter panels were like one of my fave parts of the house! LOVE!!!

When we went through the house it was priced at $450,000 – which is like way out of our price range, however my agent was nice enough to take us through anyway. I kept on hoping it would lower enough to become affordable, but it never came down enough. The house sold for $375,000.

July 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Gorgeous! I am loving all of the gold glitter everywhere – I too am definitely hoping whoever bought it kept it intact!

July 28, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Thanks Andrea! I super duper hope so too!!!

July 29, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I figured price had to be the deciding factor as I know you’d gut the kitchen anyway and install your gorgeous pink cabinets!

I really liked the copper hanging light and, of course, the pink bath!

July 29, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Ohmydearlord, Sara! This house! You tell that realtor that this was just cruel and unusual punishment to take you into a house like this that isn’t in your price range. It’s glorious….absolutely. Gold flecks………….holy moly.

July 29, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Sable – Those pink cabinets will get installed one of these days!!!! 🙂

Eartha – Well, I can’t blame my realtor totally – I wanted to see it too. But, it is kinda sad that most houses are priced so high around here.