Home » Decade » 1950 » Thank You Craigslist For Metal Cabinets, Heywood Wakefield and Retro 50s Couches!

August 18, 2011

By Sara In AZ

I was just thinking the other day how completely awesome Craigslist really is. I have found some totally cool stuff on there and wanted to show y’all my finds. I have to say, you just never know what  is going to show up on Craigslist.

This first find was not actually my find at all. Our blog mate Sablemable/Jan came across this and sent me the link because she knows I have a passion for anything pink from the 1950s! This was actually my very first purchase from Craigslist and it was like 1500 miles away!!! Eeks!!! Don’t ask me how we ever managed to get these cabinets all the way to AZ from Michigan – it’ all a blur now, but it did involve a small U-Haul, using the only free airline passes we have ever earned, and lots of begging. 🙂 Ruth, you know I have been putting off doing a post on these – I promise that you will see a post on these cabinets in the next few weeks!

So, right after we bought the pink St Charles cabinets we bought these Aqua St Charles cabinets from a guy in Mesa. Mike was MUCH happier these were just in the next town over!  Ruth, the post is coming! 🙂

I was FOREVER looking for a completely kitschy one armed 50s couch. I was flabbergasted when I came across this listing on Craigslist. I was in need of smelling salts after I read through the listing, when I came to Mike and I got over there as fast as we could! You can read all about my adventures with the couches HERE, HERE and HERE.

Well I have all the St Charles cabinets, how could I not get a set of pink ovens to go along with everything? You can read my post on the pink ovens HERE.

Y’all will definitely recognize my new Heywood Wakefield bed from my post a few weeks back.

And just what is this? Well, this is my most recent Craigslist find. Come back next Thursday for the scoop y’all!

Thanks for all the fun finds Craigslist!

9 Responses to Thank You Craigslist For Metal Cabinets, Heywood Wakefield and Retro 50s Couches!

1. 60's Sal Reply

August 18, 2011 at 9:20 am

Although I’ve never found anything as wonderful as these things, I have a definite Craigslist addiction!! My husband knows if he gets up and his truck is missing, I’ve gone to retrieve a treasure that I found in my late night browsing! I’m just waiting for the day that I stumble across some spectacular metal cabinets!

August 18, 2011 at 10:47 am

Sara! I’ve never asked about this, but have you thought up a layout yet for your “dream” kitchen including all your cabinets and amazing pink ovens??? There are just so many cabinets, I was wondering if you thought up a plan to use them all?!?! 🙂

August 18, 2011 at 12:04 pm

60s Sal – Yes, I totally agree – Craigslist IS an addiction! 🙂 Don’t give up hope, that perfect set of metal cabinets is out there and you will find it one day!!!

Ruth – I have not totally worked out a layout yet. I have thought about it, but I thought it would be best to know what the layout of the kitchen is before I worry too much about it. Please retro house, show up soon so we can put these babies to use!!! 🙂

4. Betty Crafter Reply

August 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Girl, your house is going to be a showplace when it’s all done! I can’t wait to see all this stuff in action!

August 18, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Awwwwwww, thanks Betty! I hope we find a house REAL soon, so we can set everything up just like we want it!

6. Uncle Atom Reply

August 19, 2011 at 7:37 am

Wow Sara, great CL finds! You are seriously stockpiling stuff for that dream house, I sure hope you all can find it soon. That sofa/loveseat combo are really sweet.

August 19, 2011 at 11:32 am

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! God, I do remember your “ride” across country to bring home your pink cabs!

I pray every night that the “house” shows up for you and Mike. It is not fair that you have all of this grand stuff and no place to put it!

August 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Wow, those are some awesome, awesome finds. I can’t wait to hear about the pink sink and toilet!

August 19, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Uncle Atom – Thanks! I think my husband is getting to the “where are we going to put it all” mode, so we had better find a house pronto! 🙂

Sable – Oh, that sure was a long ride back too. Thanks for the prayers on finding our dream house, it has got to happen sometime. Right??? 🙂

Andrea – Thanks so much! Come back next Thursday to get the full story, you won’t want to miss it!