Home » Decade » 1950 » Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Mid-Century Time Capsule in Midland, MI

September 3, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Mid-Century Time Capsule in Midland, MI

By RetroRuth

Welcome to the Saturday edition of Won’t You Be My Neighbor! We have seen a ton of great time capsule homes coming onto the market recently, so Jan and I decided to take advantage of it by posting a great home with original mid-century details on Saturday AND Sunday. That’s an entire weekend of mid-century goodness!

Today I have a great home from my town, Midland, MI.  This house is literally right down the street from me, and is as cute as a button. It is 1450 square feet with 3 bedrooms, 1 full and 2 half baths and the asking price is $172,900. It is listed by Coldwell Bankers, and all photos belong to them.

The side entrance.

The kitchen. And, no. Your eyes don’t deceive you. Yes, those are aqua Geneva cabinets! And a matching dishwasher!

Banquet in the kitchen.

Dining room.

Living room with very pretty cream furniture and awesome fireplace.

Bedroom one.

Bedroom two.

Bedroom three.

Basement bar.

Three season room.

I wish there were pics of the bathrooms! Oh well. I have to tell you, I am going to keep an eagle-eye on this place. I hope the new owners don’t gut it!

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor – A Mid-Century Time Capsule in Midland, MI

1. DaisyToad Reply

September 3, 2011 at 9:38 am

Gasp!! Gorgeous! Those cabinets, that carpet?! definite time capsule there.

September 3, 2011 at 10:20 am

OMG, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuth! I adore this home! And the furniture!

3. Betty Crafter Reply

September 3, 2011 at 10:22 am

Sweet mother!!!! I’ll take it! And everything in it.
    Definitely keep an eye on this place and rescue everything you can that gets gutted! I think Sara and I could both use an aqua dishwasher…

4. ae Reply

September 3, 2011 at 10:35 am

OK! I’m ready to move in! The bar in the basement is very similar to the one we had when I was a little girl.

September 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm

This place is FAB Ruth!!! That kitchen is awesome! And Betty is right, we *need* that aqua dishwasher!!!! Watch this place like a hawk girl!

6. 60's Sal Reply

September 3, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I’ve been wanting out of Genesee County…So, YES! I will be your neighbor! This house is TO DIE for! Just perfect!

7. Toni Reply

September 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Gorgeous kitchen. I’m at my sister in law’s and she has an old house. The had etched shower doors and aqua tiles I’m the bathroom. The rest of the house has been modernized, though.

September 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

OMG, the kitchen! The built ins! I am dying here! Such a good price, too, at least compared to real estate here. However, I think that bar might actually out-wood my basement bar, which I didn’t think was possible, LOL!