Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Highland Park, Illinois

September 25, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Highland Park, Illinois

By Sablemable aka Jan

In the near north Chicago suburb of Highland Park sits this beautiful brick contemporary home located at 1912 Old Briar Road.

Built in 1954, the home boasts 2,766 square feet of living space, has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a 2-car attached garage.   Baird & Warner Real Estate Chicago lists the property and Joe Kunkel is the agent. Joe may be reached at 708-798-1855.   The listing price is $475,000.00.  Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams (www.kw.com).

THE FRONT AND BACK

hpkit

hpkit2

THE MASTER BEDROOM

hpmb

ONE OF THE BATHROOMS

hpbath

Someone has taken very good MCM care for this wonderful home!

Did you notice the metal cabinets in the kitchen?  Could they be Geneva or St. Charles?   Experts, step up!

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Highland Park, Illinois

1. pam kueber Reply

September 25, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Beautiful!

2. Toni Reply

September 25, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I love the butter yellow cabinets & the pale green bathroom. I also like all the light from the windows.

3. Jane / MulchMaid Reply

September 25, 2011 at 11:05 pm

What a beauty! Some lucky family will love living here.

September 26, 2011 at 3:17 am

This place is awesome beyond words! If I find a place like this for sale here I would be eternally happy.

5. Becky Reply

September 26, 2011 at 9:05 am

O-M-G. I would move in as is, shag carpet and all. That place is GORGEOUS. (though I hate to think how cold it is in Chicago winters with all that glass…)

September 26, 2011 at 9:16 am

OMG, OMG, OMG! Sable, you have outdone yourself with this find! Gorgeous all around! The original details are amazing, and the furniture is just divine. And I really mean that. I think that headboard actually made me tear-up a bit!

Not totally sure about the cabinet maker, but those look like the pulls I have on my Genevas.

7. Betty Crafter Reply

September 26, 2011 at 9:34 am

Wow wow wow!! This one takes the cake!

September 26, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Wow, wow, WOW! There is nothing that I don’t like about this house. Normally, I am not a fan of yellow, but somehow it really works in that kitchen. Absolutely gorgeous!

9. Charlotte Reply

September 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I have a friend who LOVES to go look at real estate, so maybe I can talk him into seeing this in the flesh. Gorgeous, especially those kitchen cabinets!

10. Diana Reply

September 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

That headboard!!!! *swoon* I’ll watching estatesales.net for any hint of a sale. Must. Have. That. Headboard!!

September 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Geez Louise, I didn’t take a good look at the headboard until now! It knocks me out!

I say the heck with freezing cold Chicago winters (I’m used to them anyway, living across the lake from Chi), give me that house now!