Home » Decorating & Home » Mid-Century Decorating » Kitchen » Appliances » A Fun Kitchen With A Sunbeam Mixmaster And An Aqua Plas-Tex Ice Bucket

October 26, 2011

A Fun Kitchen With A Sunbeam Mixmaster And An Aqua Plas-Tex Ice Bucket

By RetroRuth

Today we have some fun pictures submissions from reader Toni, who submitted the “Best” Tuna Recipe in our recent contest. Toni writes:

Sunbeam Mixer edit

I went to my mom’s house and took some snaps of her kitchen stuff. She has a sunbeam mixmaster that my grandmother used way back when and that my mother (her daughter-in-law) still uses. Used continuously for 50 years or more.

Sunbeam Logo edit

Sunbeam Settings editSunbeam Settings 2 editSunbeam Settings 3 edit

I love the dial. It makes it clear for people like me who don’t bake often to know which setting to use.

Fiesta Rack

Then there is her bakers rack full of mid century stuff. MOST of it current reproductions (the fiesta ware is all new), but some things like an old Dr. Pepper bottle and stuff that are from 40-50 years.

Cabinets editCorn Pitcher edit

Ice Bucket editIce Bucket Wide edit

Thanks for sending in some great photos, Toni!  Your mom’s house looks really fun, and I LOVE that cute little ice bucket.

6 Responses to A Fun Kitchen With A Sunbeam Mixmaster And An Aqua Plas-Tex Ice Bucket

October 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm

What awesome stuff! It is amazing how long those mixmasters will go for, I have my husband’s grandmother’s, which also still works. I am drooling over all of that kitchenware on that shelf, too, awesome!

2. Charlotte Reply

October 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Cute kitchen stuff! But am I the only one thinking of Mix Master Mike? (Can’t help it; I’m a Gen X-er through and through.)

October 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

What a lovely kitchen! All the retro goodness is just spectacular!

4. Toni Reply

October 26, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Thanks! The corn pitcher was a gift from my Dad to his Mom when he was a little boy in the 1950’s, by the way. I thought that was a cool detail. The kitchen table is as 50’s style diner table, too.

I knew you guys would love the mixer! I do. I hope my Kitchenaid lasts as long!

5. Jennie from Mrs Beckinsale Reply

October 27, 2011 at 5:03 am

I LOVE my vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster. And yes, its name is Mixmaster Mike. This 9B model is circa 1948. The dial is absolutely the best thing about it! Makes me think of the destination scrolls that are all the rage these days.

Here’s my butter-yellow Mixmaster:

• Charlotte Reply

October 28, 2011 at 11:37 am

That mixer is beautiful! I’ll bet the sunny color lifts your spirits (as do the baked goods you make with it).