Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Bangor, Michigan

October 23, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Bangor, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

Sixty-nine thousand, Nine hundred dollars.  Yes, you read correctly-$69,900.00 is the cost of today’s house, located at 207 Randolph.  Built in 1950, this 3 bedrooms, 2-1/2 bathrooms; 2,167 square feet, a 2-car attached garage and full basement is a perfect home to restore!  Attila Real Estate is the broker and Nancye Kitchell is the agent and may be contacted at (269) 983-8000.

THE FRONT AND BACK

Lovely Indiana limestone exterior!

front

rear

THE FOYER

Lovely original front door, too!

foyer

THE LIVING ROOM

living

THE DINING AREA

dining

THE KITCHEN

kitchen1

kitchen2

THE FAMILY ROOM

family1

family2

THE PINK BATHROOM

Yes, it’s lovely as well!

pink1

pink2

THE YELLOW AND GREEN BATHROOM

Oops!  Almost forgot to say how lovely those green sinks are!

yellow

So, is this a bargain or is this a bargain, gang?  I can just visualize the MCM improvements to this home, like, authentic lighting, different MCM cabinets, taking down/changing the wallpaper to something more era-correct.

What say you, readers?

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Bangor, Michigan

1. Rachael Reply

October 23, 2011 at 4:13 pm

The wall paper in this house is just blowin’ my mind! HA! But I do really love that yellow bathroom.

October 23, 2011 at 4:22 pm

No, $69,000!?! That is insane!!!! And completely unfair compared to house prices here. ugh. That pink Cinderella tub is killing me Sable!!! 🙂

3. Becky Reply

October 23, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I’d move into it just as it is – I love all the kitschy wallpaper, especially in the kitchen! Why do all these great houses have to be where the winters are so harsh? I’d never make it.

Our neighborhood is full of some real gems, both classic ranches and more modern styles. Some of them that I pass when out walking have the original doors and pinch-pleats in the windows; I just KNOW there is a time capsule house lurking behind those curtains and pray for the day they come up for sale. ; )

October 24, 2011 at 2:04 am

I don’t think you could buy a shack here for that price, let alone a house with as much potential as this! I love that front door, it is a little unusual over the typical MCM front doors. And I am in love with the green sinks!

October 24, 2011 at 8:58 am

What??? What??? That is an amazing price. Granted, that is A LOT of wallpaper, but I think it could work if you picked the right furniture! And those bathrooms are just fantastic!! And I am really in love with that wallpaper in the bathroom with the green sinks. At first I thought it was floral, but I am pretty sure those are actually fish!

6. joyce w Reply

October 25, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I can’t believe I found this on your website! My DH and I just drove by this and one other one around the corner from it and are going to look at it as soon as I can call the Realtor!! thanks for a glimpse of what is to come!!