Home » Decorating & Home » Time Capsule Homes » Living Room » Won’t You Be My Neighbor Saturday – Natchez, MS

October 1, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor Saturday – Natchez, MS

By RetroRuth

Holy cats, have I got a great home for you today, you lucky reader! Today we have a submission from Heather, which reads:

Hello Ruth –
I have enjoyed your blog for a couple of years now and would love to see my very own home as a Won’t You Be My Neighbor feature. The home was designed by architect Donald J. Scholz and built by a Natchez homebuilder as the home for his own family in 1964. In our city full of Antebellum and Victorian houses, I think my mid-century modern home really is a gem.
My real estate listing can be found here.  Attached are photos. Lots of photos to make SableMable happy…Grin.
Thanks in advance for your consideration, and thanks too for a fun blog!
Sincerely – Heather

Awww…thanks, Heather!

I know, Heather, I know. I was supposed to pass this one on to Sable for Sunday, but I just couldn’t help myself.  Why?  Oh, I’ll tell you why.  No, even better, I’ll show you why.

Yeah. THAT’S Heather’s house. Couldn’t you just die?  Heather, I am so sorry you have to sell this gorgeous thing. I feel for you.

But enough sadness, let’s get on with the pictures!

Heather’s house is a four bedroom/four bath beauty!

Hold on, hold on.

I gotta wipe the tears out of my eyes.

Okay. Now I’m ready.  Let’s keep going.

Oh, there goes those tears again!

Readers, what do you think? Do you love Heather’s house?

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor Saturday – Natchez, MS

1. AnnasBananas Reply

October 1, 2011 at 10:56 am

That’s it! I’m moving to Mississippi! My husband better pack his bags, cause I’m ready to go! 🙂

2. Pat M Reply

October 1, 2011 at 11:00 am

Yesssss! I love it! The house, the colors, the furnishings, the built-ins, deck….yes, it’s special. I feel sorry for Heather that she’s leaving this place, and I can only wish she’ll find something next that is half as lovely.

October 1, 2011 at 12:03 pm

AH-MA-ZING!!!!!! Wow, what a spectacular house. This is exactly what we have been looking for here in AZ! Hmmmmmmmm, do you think you can ship the house down here Heather??? 😉

4. Alan Reply

October 1, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Wow, stunning. I’m in love.

5. Rachael Reply

October 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Shut the front door! Drooling.

6. Heather Reply

October 2, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I do hope that the home is purchased by another lover of MCM. Next up for us is a 1958 ranch on the family farm – more mid-century goodness!

7. Sandy Palmer Reply

October 4, 2011 at 9:21 am

This house is fabulous.
    I have a feeling that any house you make your’s will be wonderful.
    Will be looking forward to your next prize.

8. The Millers Reply

December 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm

We love this house and live in a very similar model in Hanover, Pa. It was built in 1961 and we bought it in 2010 and have been doing remodeling ever since. If you go to Zillow and look for 88 Lakeview Terrace, Hanover, Pa. you’ll see about 20 pictures of our house but many do not show the remodeling. We hope to get new pictures up soon.