Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

November 6, 2011

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

Short and sweet is today’s WYBMN as photos are sparse, but what you’ll see will hopefully make you drool a bit.

Down the street from me at 409 W. Napier Avenue is this charming little brick ranch that was built in 1953.  There are 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1,202 square feet, along with a full basement.  Only a one car attached garage and the house sits on a very busy main road, which means watch out kids and puppies!  Now the best part of this house is the prices:  a very nice $44,900.00.  Yep!  Coldwell Banker Advantage has the listing and Vikki Wade is the agent and may be contacted at (269) 429-3070.

Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams (www.kw.com).  I edited the photos for better viewing.

THE FRONT

409front

THE ENTRY/LIVING ROOM

409living

THE EAT-IN KITCHEN

409kit1

409kit2

ONE OF THE BATHROOMS

Somebody changed the floor!  Naughty, naughty!

409bath

If the economy wasn’t in the toilet, I’d make an offer on this house.  It has the door, pink bathroom, tiled countertop, brick fireplace and door chimes.  And, just the right size for me!

8 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Benton Harbor, Michigan

November 6, 2011 at 12:29 pm

That house is SO sweet, I hope it goes to someone who loves MCM as much as we all do! Unbelievable price too!!!

2. Kirk W Reply

November 6, 2011 at 1:27 pm

$44,900!!!! Unbelievable! The same house where I live would be $144,900.

• Andrea Reply

November 7, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Where I live, it would probably be $244,900!

3. Uncle Atom Reply

November 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Wow Jan, that is a silly price! Cool house for someone, and such a deal. I have to say though, I’ve never seen a fireplace that close to the front entry, seems out of place. I like the original details, wish there were more photos. I hope it goes to someone who won’t gut it.

4. Lorie B. Reply

November 6, 2011 at 4:44 pm

My biggest problem would be living on Napier Ave. with small children. It is such a frigging busy road, I don’t think I could be comfortable with that. I remember the house, and it is quite lovely….at least from the outside, LOL

5. Desirae Reply

November 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I want to live in this house. : )

6. Toni Reply

November 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm

The same house where I live would be over $400k!! Wow.

November 7, 2011 at 12:22 am

Hi, all!

I know the price is ridiculous!

Lorie, nice to see you again, girl! Yeah, Napier Ave is a terror. Then you’d have to back the car in the garage for a straight shot out of the driveway, LOL!

Uncle Atom, I never realized about the fireplace until you mentioned it. But if I had that home, I probably wouldn’t light a fire in it anyway.

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Don’t you love the front door? Probably some jacka** will change it to one of those God awful new doors that have absolutely NO CHARACTER.

Wow, Kirk! That’s an insane price! Too bad we don’t have plentiful jobs here anymore, as I’d say, sell and move here!

Desirae, come to Benton Harbor, girl! The more the merrier!

Toni! The price you quoted is worse than the one Kirk quoted! OMG!