Home » Decorating & Home » Mid-Century Decorating » Kitchen » Appliances » John’s Vintage Kitchen And Hall Pottery Collection

December 12, 2011

John’s Vintage Kitchen And Hall Pottery Collection

By RetroRuth

Talk about adorable!  These pictures are from an amazing email I recently got from reader John. As soon as I opened the email I started squealing.

This is John’s amazing kitchen!

And these are part of some of John’s kick-butt collections!

John writes:

Hi Ruth,

Just want to say hi!  I’m Sue’s (from Practice in Time and maker of the awesome TV fish tank in our recent Christmas Card Contest) cousin and just found your website. I have a nice 50’s ranch house in Richmond Virginia and have furnished it with many 50’s items. Enjoy reading your posts!

Check out some of my findings for the kitchen and the living room. The pottery is by Hall, mostly refrigerator water pitchers and containers from the 40’s and 50’s. In addition to items from Chase, Kensington and Lustroware.

Wow, John! Wow! LOVE your house and your collections! I have to say, I am a little jealous of your bullet planter and your starburst clock. 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing!

15 Responses to John’s Vintage Kitchen And Hall Pottery Collection

1. Becky P S Reply

December 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Color me pea green with envy! I love Richmond and I love ranch houses and I love this feller’s collections! Thanks for sharing!

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Thanks, it has taken a few years.

December 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Hi, John! What a fantastic kitchen and your Sunbeam vacuum coffeemaker! Love the Hall pottery, too. Love everythiing about your home!

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:22 pm

The Sunbeam coffeemaker came from my folks, it will not come apart, guess the rubber gaskets have hardened.

December 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Perfection. I really love how there are just so many beautiful things – but the house isn’t overwhelmed with them. It really makes each one stand out on it’s own to be appreciated. And I love that sweet kitchen with those tiny little pots and pans next to the window.

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Those are my actual cooking pots and pans! lol

December 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Wow John, GREAT house! I love all of your collections and the way you have them displayed. I’ll just bet you have some amazing bathrooms too! 🙂

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Sorry just one bathroom and with the typical black and white wall and floor tiles so typical in Richmond.

December 13, 2011 at 1:02 am

Fantastic place! I am in love with your canister/bread box/recipe set! It looks lie it’s brand new, what amazing condition!

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Thanks, the recipe box even has the original card dividers and blank note cards. The bread box is used for plastic bags now. Most of these items you find will have the lettering worn off.

6. Flying Texan aka Kelly Reply

December 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

Love the pics! My Mom has that same starburst clock that belonged to her Mom but, it doesn’t work! Dad has replaced the “insides” twice and can’t get it to work. 🙁 Any suggestions?

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Funny my clock doesn’t work either! I did find battery operated clock parts and hands at Michael’s craft stores for abour 8 dollars. Haven’t bought one yet.

7. Lynn Reply

December 14, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I LOVE the kitchen. It takes me back. My grandmother’s kitchen was so much like it. She had a stove with push button controls. I loved that oven.

• John Bachman Reply

December 14, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Thanks, the stove is 40 inches wide. A new one will set you back a thousand dollars, very little demand for them. My parents had a car with push button gear changes.

8. Lucas Reply

February 3, 2014 at 10:18 pm

A bit late i know. But i hope you can answer. What brand is that Starburst Wall Clock?
    Ive been searching like a maniac for that specific one for years now.

Best Regards