Home » Culture & Media » Vintage Holiday » Christmas » The Christmas Glow – Vintage Ornaments And A Little Deer

December 26, 2011

The Christmas Glow – Vintage Ornaments And A Little Deer

By RetroRuth

Merry Christmas, Everyone!  Hope you had a great holiday, and that today you are basking in the glow of loved ones or, even better, the glow of your Christmas haul.

Today we are just taking it easy around our house and watching the Two Fat Ladies DVD’s I got for Christmas (thanks, Ma!) Since you’ve already seen a shot of our Christmas tree in Jan’s post, I thought I would treat you to some close-ups of the vintage ornaments on our Christmas tree.

IMG_7086

IMG_7092

IMG_7089

And last, but not least, a little deer…

IMG_7090

Christmas bliss!

7 Responses to The Christmas Glow – Vintage Ornaments And A Little Deer

December 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Really gorgeous pictures Ruth! I just love that white tree of yours, and all of your vintage ornaments too.

• RetroRuth Reply

December 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Thanks, Sara! Tom had a good time taking all of them, and I had a good time putting up the tree!

2. Betty Crafter Reply

December 27, 2011 at 10:16 am

I second loving the white tree! We want to get a white one next year to give our aluminum one a break. That deer ornament is too sweet! Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas…

• RetroRuth Reply

December 27, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks, Betty! Hope you guys had a great Christmas as well!

3. Norita Reply

December 27, 2011 at 2:06 pm

The little reindeer is an exact replica of one from my childhood tree-circa 1950’s, it got lost somewhere along the way but I replaced it last year thanks to Etsy! He still makes me smile.

• RetroRuth Reply

December 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Hi Norita! That little deer came from my Dad’s childhood tree and I just adore him. Glad you were able to replace the one you had. I am still looking for some little glitter putz houses from my Dad’s tree that didn’t make it through the rough handling of us three kids. Hopefully Etsy will pan out for me as well!

• Norita Reply

December 28, 2011 at 12:37 am

We had those houses too! I think my brother has a couple of survivors..but they are definitely worse for wear!! Good luck! I also got my 7′ aluminum tree replacement this year and my sister bought me a musical stand! Suddenly, I’m 10 years old again…Have a Happy New Year!