Home » Decade » 1950 » Vintage Holiday Fabrics

December 20, 2011

Vintage Holiday Fabrics

By Andrea

Although it may be too late to do much sewing/crafting for Christmas 2011, it’s never too early to start thinking about next year’s projects!  A vintage fabric can really add that extra bit of oomph to your holiday decor.

All fabrics shown here can be found on Etsy.

From Etsy shop StitchyLifeVintage, here’s an adorable pine tree print.  It looks like it may almost have a bit of a barkcloth like texture to it!

From kevintagetextiles, there is a gorgeous 1950s poinsettia border print!  This has so much potential – would make an adorable apron, or would be great for making a tablecloth as well!

From thriftstore, here’s another fantastic 1950s border print.  This one features a holiday fireplace scene, this is another print with lots of potential!

And, from alorasadorables, we have this fantastic vintage chenille fabric! This is definitely not strictly for Christmas, but it’s definitely got a very festive feel!

I hope this is getting your crafting wheels turning, readers!

Also, please stay tuned in January for more info on the Mad Men sewalong we’ll be having!

9 Responses to Vintage Holiday Fabrics

1. Kristine Reply

December 20, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Ooo wee..you’ve peaked my interest with the Mad Men sew-along.
    I Can’t wait to see what you have in mind. 🙂 I started vintage garment sewing back in the 80’s. seems things will be coming full-circle for me in the New Year. Kids are grown, so I’m back in the workforce (a first in 20 yrs) I’ve already been perusing thru my vintage patterns again. 🙂

• Andrea Reply

December 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm

That’s awesome Kristine! I am always glad to see someone else with the vintage sewing bug around here 🙂

December 21, 2011 at 12:10 am

I love that chenille fabric and that fireplace border print – AWESOME!!!!

Can’t wait until you start the Mad Men sew along!!!!

• RetroRuth Reply

December 21, 2011 at 10:55 am

I second the chenille fabric. It’s awesome!

• Andrea Reply

December 21, 2011 at 12:39 pm

It is really too bad that red just doesn’t go well in my living room, or else I would have bought that piece already, I think! It’s screaming out to become a lovely retro throw pillow, IMO!

3. Jeanne Reply

December 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

You had me at “Mad Men.” 🙂

4. Samantha S Reply

December 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I have a pointsetta tablecloth that looks just like that. It’s unfortunately not on my table this year, thanks to cats and a toddler.

5. Kristina Reply

December 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I love these vintage fabrics and wish I’d thought of getting some earlier! Always nice to know there’s something fun for next year 🙂