Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on e–Bay

January 14, 2012

Kool Kitsch For Sale on e–Bay

By Sara In AZ

Hey y’all! Are you ready for some cool retro finds from e-Bay? Check out what I have got for you this week!

Check out this awesome vintage Adrian Pearsall furniture brochure from seller belinder1990. It is way out of my price range, but it would be so cool to have! Act fast, this auction ends today.

I sure do love Paint By Numbers, and these are no exception! Check out these FAB Bullfighter PBN’s from seller retroyellowcat.

Here is an awesome Retro Shadowbox from seller deluxery303. I love the orange and turquoise colors on there!

I love these vintage Kitchen Wall Art Plaques for sale from seller modpox. These seem to be getting pretty popular lately!

I adore these Mid Century Lights for sale from seller gotdenmark. What is even better is that he has multiples of this same light for sale, so if you are looking for more than one light for an area you are set!

How perfect would these Tiki Masks, from seller belinder1990, be for your Tiki room? So cool!

Lastly, I LOVE ballerinas and gravel art so this Ballerina Gravel Art picture from seller cjnacc would fit in perfectly at my house!

Have a great weekend y’all!

15 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on e–Bay

1. joyce w Reply

January 14, 2012 at 7:35 am

Lucky me – I am getting 2 of the great lights you are showing just for the price of removing them and replacing them with more up to date lights. Our church has them and and I asked what they were going to do with them. DH already has replacements in our basement so I can’t wait to get these great lights!

• RetroRuth Reply

January 14, 2012 at 12:21 pm

joyce w – You lucky so-and-so! I am SO jealous!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2012 at 12:33 pm

OMG! Joyce!!! How lucky are you! That is fantastic and you totally should take pics so we can show them here on the blog!

January 14, 2012 at 11:14 am

Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That light looks like it came from a school building. We had those type of lights in the MCM elementary and jr. high schools I went to.

Love that shadowbox, too!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Sable! Those lights are SO cool aren’t they! The seller states they are from an old building from 1957, so I am guessing it probably is from an old school that recently shut down. Good eye!

January 14, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Ugh! Sara! You always torture me with the BEST STUFF!!! Those PBN’s…I seriously need those.

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I want those PBN’s in the worst way, but I know a certain someone who would not be thrilled about more stuff coming into the house so I am trying to be good! 🙂 We’ll see how long that lasts! hee!

January 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Ooooh! That shadowbox is too awesome! You always have the best finds, Sara!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Oh gosh, thanks SO much Andrea! 🙂

5. Vickie Reply

January 14, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Oh yes! That light fixture hit a sweet nerve when I saw it! They were in all the classrooms I can remember in elementary school – in the 50’s. I remember staring up at them when I was bored ;- ) Who would have ever thought I’d be drooling over them (?)years later?

Hi Sara. I saw your comments at Hepcat’s blog & came on over. Love your blog & will be visiting often. All that stuff above is just tooo tempting – I reallly should have been born a rich lady.

You guys did a great job on your mom’s place! That’s a great color blue.

Please do stop by my blog & say hi sometime. The welcome mat’s always out.

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hi Vickie, thanks so much for coming over to visit us and for the comment! I really do appreciate it! I completely agree with you about needing to be born rich, there are just too many awesome things I want to buy! 🙂

Thanks on the compliment for the blue paint at the condo, Mom really does love it. Stay tuned, there are many more updates to come on the condo renovation series which happens every Thursday.

Off to check out your blog now……………….

• Vickie Reply

January 15, 2012 at 10:31 am

Back again….I also love the old PBN’s & I had no idea there had been so many elaborate ones for adults! I’d done many as a child but they were childrens ones. Then I saw Hepcat’s collection…did you see it? It’s a floor to ceiling collection and gorgeous! Also, he did a spectacular job on some Tiki masks like you’ve shown above. When you have time, do some more exploring – it’s kind of a fun “tour” of this love of vintage & his extraordinary talents to bring the old into the now. Gotta go do more exploring here now! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog – it’s so fun to have “company” over 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Vickie – They had some really amazing PBNs back then! I have some interesting ones- ballerinas, a Flamingo, and Spanish ones and a few others, but I really have to try to hold myself back from not going to nuts and getting every one I see! 🙂

I will definitely check out Hepcat’s PBN’s and tiki masks, he just has such cool stuff!

Expect to see me around your blog a lot! 🙂

6. Erin Reply

January 16, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Thanks for finding this stuff! We bid on the shadowbox- thought it would look cool over the fireplace. It ended up going for over $300! Too much for us!

• Sara In AZ Reply

January 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Oh no! That shadowbox is super cool, but I agree $300 would be too much for me too. Stay tuned, I’m sure I will find more shadowboxes! Thanks for the comment! 🙂