Home » Decorating & Home » MCM Inspiration: Decorating With Bold Color

January 11, 2012

MCM Inspiration: Decorating With Bold Color

By RetroRuth

I’ve made a New Year’s Resolution that I am determined to stick to: Use More Color! Thankfully, a lot of people on Pinterest have the same idea. Check out these great MCM and mid-century inspired bold colors!

Source: Uploaded by user via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: johnhindecollection.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: ohsolovelyvintage.blogspot.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: abeautifulmess.typepad.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: flickr.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: flickr.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: brightbazaar.blogspot.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

Source: apartmenttherapy.com via No Pattern Required on Pinterest

11 Responses to MCM Inspiration: Decorating With Bold Color

January 11, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth! Great color ideas! I’m toying with painting the insides of my kitchen cabs something other than white. Earthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa suggested light mint green. After seeing some of the colors used, I have been inspired.

Remember the one commerical where the girl sings, “Be brave, not beige?” Let’s be brave, girlfriend!

• RetroRuth Reply

January 11, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I know what you mean!! Let’s totally be crazy with color. 🙂

Can’t wait to see your cabs all painted up! Mint green sounds awesome.

January 11, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Forgot to mention those throw pillows on the orange Danish chair! Luv them!

3. Charlotte Reply

January 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Thanks for cheering me up with this post!

4. Meem Reply

January 11, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Honey; what great ideas for the Woodruff cottage!!! Yellow and orange and that great blue!!! I love it.

5. Sara In AZ Reply

January 11, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Awesome pics Ruth! They are all very inspirational and I say you can never have too much color!!!!

6. Betty Crafter Reply

January 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm

This makes me want to spend the weekend painting!

7. Brandy @midcenturymodernlove Reply

January 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Love it! We are doing a lot of atomic orange and avocado green ourselves. Love the turquoise!

January 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I love those boomerang shaped tufted pillows! Great colour inspirations there.

January 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Definitely! Go for it! Color is just…happy. Can’t explain it any other way.

10. Vickie Reply

January 15, 2012 at 10:55 am

This stuff is so inspiring! I do love the MCM & am torn between it & the traditional atomic period of the 50’s. The 60’s was such a glamourous time (I think) in fashion as well as furnishing (early 60’s that is, before the hippie movement set in which was quite colorful also but not my style ;- ) I’m afraid if I hang around here too much I may lose my senses and start a whole new thing at this late time in my life and go berzerk in my late 50’s home. Not sure this is a good influence – but it sure is fun!
    ~Vickie~