Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage Crafty » Sewing » This IS Your Granny’s Crafting! Owl Puppet Edition

January 24, 2012

This IS Your Granny’s Crafting! Owl Puppet Edition

By Betty Crafter

I finally finished my cowichan (blogged here if you want to see) so at last I have some time freed up to work on other projects!  And it was no problem deciding what to do next.  You may remember me talking about this adorable pamphlet Retro Ruth found and sent my way:

Little Betty’s birthday is coming up and I thought it would be pretty cute to get her a puppet theater and make her several of these felt puppets.  This week I have one finished I can show you – please meet Professor Who!

Isn’t he adorable?  It was ridiculously easy to make.  It only took me about an hour to cut everything out and put it all together.  These projects are meant for kids to do, so I should have no problem knocking out several more over the next couple of weeks.  I’m finding myself wishing I had the right vintage materials on hand, like felt in vintage colors, chenille stems, and vintage braids and trims.  Do I dare go on an etsy shopping spree?  Stay tuned next time to find out!

7 Responses to This IS Your Granny’s Crafting! Owl Puppet Edition

January 24, 2012 at 11:50 am

Super cute, Betty!!! I totally knew that you would make stuff out of that book, can’t wait to see what else you make from it!

2. Sara In AZ Reply

January 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Oh how adorable! It looks great! I say you definitely have got to make that rabbit for little Betty!

January 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Love him! And yep, I bet you do!

4. Mason Reply

January 24, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I remember having many of those puppets when i was a kid, so I just decided to look on ebay after i read your blog, i scored not only that book but six others including Make it with macaroni, 1973. Easy to make paper art activities for the holidays and seasons, 1978. The dough it yourself handbook, 1975. Cardboard tube fun ideas, 1971. Burlap bounty, 1967. Decorating with macaroni, 1966, Felt puppets, 1973.
    I now know what my six year old and I are doing over spring break.
    Thanks for the awesome post!

• Betty Crafter Reply

January 26, 2012 at 10:51 am

Burlap bounty??? Yes please! I’d love to see what you make over spring break!

January 25, 2012 at 2:06 am

Awwww, your owl turned out so cute, Betty!

6. Pingback: The Top 15 No Pattern Required Posts For 2012 – Renovation Posts, Time Capsule Homes and More! | No Pattern Required