Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ludington, Michigan

January 1, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ludington, Michigan

By Sablemable aka Jan

Near the shores of Lake Michigan, north of Muskegon is this 1953 built split-level home located at 1686 North Lakeshore Drive.  There are 3 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (I think maybe 3 full baths, 2-half is more truthful), 2,256 square feet, full basement,  in-ground swimming pool, a heated concrete patio at the front entrance (no slippy-slidey in the winter time) and 3.4 acres.   The price is $259,000.00 but the 2010 annual taxes were only $1,994.00.   Century 21 Bayshore Ludington, 231-845-0363 have the listing.  Photos are courtesy of Keller Williams (www.kw.com).

THE FRONT

FRONT1

FRONT2

THE LIVING ROOM

LIVING3

THE DINING ROOM

DINING1

THE KITCHEN

KITCHEN1

THE BASEMENT

BASEMENT1

UNK

THE BLUE BATHROOM (A NEW MOSAIC TILE FLOOR IS IN ORDER HERE!)

BATHBLUE

THE PINK BATHROOM (UGH! ANOTHER BORING FLOOR!)

BATHPINK

Nice home at a not-so-bad price, considering it’s very close to the lake.

What do you think, readers?

11 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? Ludington, Michigan

January 1, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Oh my gosh, yes, those bathrooms need new floors.

I love the layout of the kitchen, that big window is awesome. And that green sectional! Awesome!

January 2, 2012 at 12:31 am

Wait Ruth, I might have to fight you for that sectional! 😉

Love, love, love this house Sable and I love it even more because it’s in Ludington – one of my favorite places!

3. DrJulieAnn aka The Modern Retro Woman Reply

January 2, 2012 at 1:16 am

I had my checkbook out, imagining my faux cooking shows that I would host, when I saw that it has an electric range. That’s the deal breaker for me. (Unless, Sara, you want to come do a little bit of your renovation magic and turn it into a gas kitchen…now that you are an expert in such things… 🙂 )

• Sara in AZ Reply

January 2, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Ha! Well, I’m sure something could be done……… 😉

4. DrJulieAnn aka The Modern Retro Woman Reply

January 2, 2012 at 1:18 am

Clarification: I had the checkbook out, ready to buy the house…

Perhaps I shouldn’t try to comment on my favorite blogs after having a martini…

5. pam kueber Reply

January 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Fantastic house!

January 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Great house! The bathrooms do definitely need new floors, but at least the rest of the bathroom is still intact and original!

7. Yinzerella Reply

January 4, 2012 at 4:09 pm

DROOL.

8. Trina Bobrowski Reply

January 5, 2012 at 8:42 am

Very nice, too bad I just moved out of Michigan.

9. Peggy Reply

January 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

I love this house inside and out. I would take up the carpet and put in hard woods., and get rid of the wall paper in the kitchen and paint the walls, and loose the tile in the bathrooms and put in something more vintage friendly. and thats it. perfect. 🙂

• RetroRuth Reply

January 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Oh my gosh, Peggy! I love YOUR house! Your bathrooms are ultra-adorable. Email me if you want to have them featured here! 🙂