Home » Decade » 1950 » Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

February 4, 2012

Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

By Sara In AZ

Hey y’all! Check out the cool kitsch for sale on e-Bay this week! I ask, can anyone resist a Poodle Shower curtain???  Smile I sure hope not, because I need to see a picture of this hanging in someone’s bathroom soon!

First up, the FAB Poodle Shower Curtain from seller tj4144. How completely adorable, and to make you love it even more –the shower curtain looks like it is in perfect condition!

s1

Next up we have a cool Mid-Century Shadowbox from seller 3-rivers-stdm. I thought this one was really interesting, I have never seen this design before.

s2

Here are some great metal Tiki/Calypso Wall Plaques by Sexton from seller  wirerope. These would look so awesome in a Tiki room!

s3

How sweet is this Copper Poodle Pin from seller gmagee1! Can you believe it is still attached to the original card!?! LOVE!!!

s4

Here we have a FAB Starburst Light Bar, from seller inventordreams, for your retro bathroom. The seller actually has 2 of these lights for sale, as you can see 2 in this picture, but he is auctioning each of them separately.

s5

How about some super cool Adrian Pearsall Danish Modern Sofas from seller lenconmod. They are just SO fabulous aren’t they!

s6

I am normally not a big electronics geek, but I thought these Audax Danish Modern Speakers, from seller olivia11dancer, were completely outta this world fantastic!

s7

Check out this Majestic Table Lamp from seller yenyea. *Note to self* must save up enough money to buy one of these one day! Smile

s8

Lastly, I came across these cool 1950s Franciscan Contours  Accent Tiles from seller -wildfire-. How FAB would these look in your retro kitchen! SO cool!!!

s9

Have a great weekend y’all and happy shopping!

29 Responses to Kool Kitsch For Sale on e-Bay

February 4, 2012 at 9:04 am

That Danish sectional sofa! Me want! Probably out of my price range, boo-hoo!

Great, great, great finds, Saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Sable!!! I know, I just LOVE that sofa but sadly it is very expensive.

February 4, 2012 at 11:11 am

Oh my goodness – LOVE the poodle stuff!! 🙂

And the sofas…and that awesome lamp…and…and..

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 1:57 pm

That poodle shower curtain just kills me Ruth and the pin too! Yeah, I pretty much want everything! 🙂

• Eartha Kitsch Reply

February 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I can’t believe that shower curtain went for less than $30! Wish I’d gotten in on that one.

• RetroRuth Reply

February 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Really??? Wow – a lot less than I expected!

• Sara In AZ

February 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Darn! I should have dropped a bid. I thought for sure it would go for $80-$100.

• RetroRuth

February 5, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Me too! Rats! 🙂

3. Charlotte Reply

February 4, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Just thinking about changing my bathroom light this morning, then saw your post with the starburst lights! Sadly, it’s about 4 inches too long for my bathroom. 🙁

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Oh darn Charlotte. 🙁 That is just horrible. I’m sorry.

I will try to look for more lights and post them up here if I see any. They just don’t make cool patterned light bars like these anymore, you can only get plain ones now.

February 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Ooh…Great picks, Sara! I love those speakers but in a cat’s mind, those read just like scratching posts.

We recently found some new light bars that look old with patterns. I’ll ask the Mister where we got those. They look pretty legit.

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thanks Eartha! Oooohhhh, yeah I could really see a cat loving those speakers for all the wrong reasons. 🙂

Yes! Let me know about those new patterned light bars, that is exciting!

• Charlotte Reply

February 4, 2012 at 4:42 pm

OMG, I know exactly what you mean! My speakers are still uncovered because my cat scratched off the fabric coverings years ago!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 7:39 pm

HA! What is it with cats and speakers???

5. Laura Reply

February 4, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I made a bid on one of the light fixtures. I was so excited to see them, because usually these vintage bar fixtures are quite small and I was looking for a longer size. *IF* I win the bid I’ll be able to replace my bathroom light, which is early ’80s ‘airport landing strip lighting’ of nightmarish proportions. Yeay!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 4, 2012 at 7:38 pm

OMG Laura!!!!!! I am SO excited! *fingers crossed* that you win one of these awesome lights and if you do we MUST see pics!!!

ps – I know just what you mean when you say “landing strip lights” maybe when you win the star light you can donate it to the airport where they really need it! 🙂

• Laura Reply

February 6, 2012 at 1:00 am

Eep! It just figures I outed myself on someone else’s blog and that bathroom is pretty far down my list on upgrades. But you know how it goes. You land one great piece and then all of a sudden you’re looking at paint chips and….. 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Oh my gosh yes, I totally know how it is! 🙂 Please, please, please let me know if you get that light. I am pulling for you!

• Laura

February 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Update: I lost! Sad face and pouting! I blogged about it here:
            http://doorstephome.blogspot.com/2012/02/sore-loser-i-lost-bid-on-ebay.html. Thanks for being a cheerleader, and I hope I have better luck next time!

• RetroRuth

February 8, 2012 at 9:43 am

Ugh! So sorry, Laura! Don’t worry though, in the world of mid-century, there is always something else around the corner!

• Sara In AZ

February 8, 2012 at 1:40 am

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!! 🙁 And here I was SURE that you would be the winner. I was already envisioning how FAB that light would look in your bathroom too.I am SO sorry, I know how horrible it is to lose an auction on something you REALLY want. I will keep looking for you though, I promise! And stay tuned, Eartha gave me a heads up on a company that has some new patterned light bars that just might work for you. I will post about them a week from this Thursday (on 2/16) when I do a condo reno post about installing a new light in Mom’s bathroom. We will find something that will work for you! 🙂

6. Erin Reply

February 8, 2012 at 1:18 am

Sorry you lost Laura! I had me eye on it too. Too pricey for me though!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 8, 2012 at 1:42 am

I know, I cannot believe they went for over $100! WOW!!!

• Laura Reply

February 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Someday I’ll have to blog about the lunatic way I behaved just for a pair of ceramic chickens at a farm auction But thanks all for the sympathy. Sarah, I’ll be awaiting your blog entry on the 16th about what you and Eartha found; I’m intrigued. While I have rewired many a lamp and fixture, it is sometimes a good thing safety wise to find retro-looking new when it comes to things electrical. And yeah, sheesh. The money these went for! Yikes! Ouch! Somebody clearly wanted them WAY more than I did!

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I would love to hear the story of the ceramic chickens! It sounds great!!! 🙂 Definitely come back the check out the new/old style bathroom lights, I think you will like them just as much. BTW, I tried to comment on your post, but when I selected a profile you did not have the name/url selection – so my comment would not go through. Just wanted to let you know I did see it though!

• Laura

February 8, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Other WordPress people have had this problem! I wonder what I’m doing?

• Sara In AZ

February 8, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I think it is just some weird setting to enable comments with a name/url or anonymous. Where it says ‘Comment as:’ and then there is a drop down menu to choose LiveJournal or Google or a couple others, that option is just missing. I know the setting can be enabled, I’m just not totally sure how.

7. Pingback: Installing A New Bathroom Light in Mom’s 1950s Time Capsule Condo | No Pattern Required

8. Pingback: Installing A New Bathroom Light in Mom’s 1950s Time Capsule Condo – Thursday Retro Rewind | No Pattern Required