Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Won’t You Be My Neighbor? San Francisco, California

February 17, 2012

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? San Francisco, California

By Sablemable aka Jan

No matter if you like or dislike San Francisco, it is a very beautiful city with some fantastic MCM homes.

At 40 Turquoise Way (don’t you love the street name?) is a 1963 built contemporary home.  It has since been taken off the market, so details are sketchy.

Photos are courtesy of Kristine Yuri on Pinterest.  Our fearless leader, Retro Ruth, forwarded the link to me.  Thank you, Kristine and Ruth!

There are loads of authentic/original lighting in this masterpiece, so be prepared to suck air frequently.

The mosaic tile floor and the front door did it for me!

10 Responses to Won’t You Be My Neighbor? San Francisco, California

1. Vickie Reply

February 17, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Double WOW! First wow is just WOW whata place! Second wow came out when I saw my mother’s chairs! (Hated those things). What a great place this is but sure needs a lot of work. I think we should send Sarah after she gets done with her mom’s place. Boy would I love to get my hands (& unlimited budget) on this house! Hope the new owners KNOW what a priceless gem they have and don’t go in and gut it and make it something it’s not. Wouldn’t it be fun to know what’s in store! BTW – I am your neighbor – well sort of – I’m in SacTown & love to visit the City.

• Sara In AZ Reply

February 17, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Ha! I would love to get my hands on this place! 🙂

2. Jen Reply

February 17, 2012 at 7:40 pm

WOW indeed! That house is practically perfect!

3. Sara In AZ Reply

February 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Wow, what an amazing house! Thanks for posting Sable! Everything about it is really just beautiful.

4. Vickie Reply

February 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Back again…Jan, do you think there’s any way of finding out the new owners? Wouldn’t it be a blast to see what they plan to do with it? BTW, I’m drooling over that front door.

5. Laura Reply

February 17, 2012 at 10:54 pm

There’s a tiny bit of additional info. on Redfin . . .

6. Desirae Reply

February 17, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I live in the city, and was curious to where this property was. It’s on the other side of town from me. Looks like the sale is pending. Here’s the info:

7. Desirae Reply

February 17, 2012 at 11:16 pm

P.S. If you look at street view on google, it looks like the most of the houses on that block were built during the same time.

8. Fiona - Straight Talking Mama Reply

February 18, 2012 at 4:36 am

Wow wow and double wow! I also want to live somewhere that’s called Turquoise Way, how fabulous is that!

February 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous house! Madly in love with the candy coloured outside! Everything inside is lovely as well.