Home » Decorating & Home » Vintage » Doors I Love and Hate

March 16, 2012

Doors I Love and Hate

By Sablemable aka Jan

Let’s start right off with the hating of these doors that unfortunately have replaced the original entry doors on MCM homes.

Photos are courtesy of Lowe’s, achicagosojourn.blogspot.com, and Realtor.com.

Everywhere I look, I see this door!  Ugh!  No character whatsoever!

723647586217xl

Hmm, this one is no better and I’m seeing more and more of them.  Disgraceful.

723647598937xl

Now for some loving!

chicago1

chicago2

chicago3

chicago4

chicago5

door

Crestview needs to add some of these door lite kits to their line.

Which doors are you loving on, readers?

8 Responses to Doors I Love and Hate

1. Toni Reply

March 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I totally hate the second door.

2. Glenn Soucy Reply

March 16, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Hey! I have that sunburst door too!. Found it at a ReStore. Just waiting to install it!!

March 16, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Wow, there are some designs there that I’ve never seen before. Really cool!

4. Chelsea Reply

March 17, 2012 at 2:42 am

My house had the first door when we moved in last fall and I can’t wait to replace it with a new door from Crestview! It really bums me out since it looks pretty new (less than 5 years is my guess) and several of my neighbors still have their original doors and they are amazing! The house directly across from mine has a door with 3 large port holes in it. I’ve also seen the original “Grover” and “Woodrow” on homes just down the street from me. At least my house still has the original screen door, so that almost makes up for the front door being super lame!

5. Fiona - Straight Talking Mama Reply

March 17, 2012 at 4:45 am

I hate ugly doors! Sadly we don’t have a MCM home and we’re not in the US but I still hate ugly doors. We have an ugly door and can’t afford to replace it, it offends me every time I come home, so get where you are coming from ha ha!

6. yancey Reply

March 18, 2012 at 11:40 am

I am absolutely with you when it comes to ugly/pretty doors. Those horrible doors from Lowe’s should be against the law, they have ruined many a house in our neighborhood.
    Second only to a ugly door….is a ugly mailbox. Ugh!!

March 18, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Wow, those first two doors are awesome! Never seen ones like that before.

8. Silvercat Reply

March 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

I just love the second and third ones!