Home » Decade » 1960 » It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

March 22, 2012

It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

By Sara In AZ

*Your regularly scheduled 1950s Time Capsule Condo post has been interrupted by our week of Mad Men craziness! hee! Come back next Thursday for another renovation post!*

I’ll admit it, I am totally obsessed with Mad Men. I have been ever since I read about this *new* show that was set in the 1960s, and centered around an Ad Agency, in my Sunday paper all those years ago.  I totally knew it was a show I’d love to pieces, and I still do to this very day!

I just know y’all are completely psyched  about Mad Men coming back  too, with new shows starting this Sunday, so to get us all in the mood I thought I would do a “Best Of” round-up of all the Mad Men stuff I have posted about in the past.

First off, we need just the right dress to watch the premiere of Mad Men in. How about the Dee Dee Dress from Pinup Girl Clothing. I think it’s the perfect Betty Draper look!

Picture from  amctv.com

Next up, my Mad Men Antenna! I found this antenna, just like the one from Joan’s apartment,  a while back in a local antique store. I passed it by initially, but when I saw it was the same as the one in Joan’s apartment I just had to go back and get it!

Check it out here in a picture from amctv.com!

mad men antenna2

And we cannot forget about my Mad Men Clock, the SAME clock as the one in Joan’s office! I picked this up from an estate sale before Mad Men was even a glimmer in our minds.

You can see it here in a picture from amctv.com

How about a set of these super cool Wall Plaques just like Pete and Trudy’s from seller designspy68. Check his e-Bay store often, as he usually keeps these in rotation to sell.

Picture from amctv.com

Do y’all remember this AMAZING Mid Century Dresser I found for sale on e-Bay from seller dead50s? It’s JUST like Don’s, in his office of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce! It never sold, so if you are interested shoot the seller an e-mail maybe you can work out a deal!

mad men dresser

Picture from amctv.com

mad men dresser2

Does anyone remember the funny ‘Milk Men’ Mad Men Parody I came across by Atom.com from Comedy Central? If you haven’t seen it you REALLY should check it out!

And y’all definitely have to check out ‘A Lady’s Guide To Throwing A Party” skit with January Jones from the time she hosted Saturday Night Live. It’s hee-larious!!!!

mad men snl

Lastly, my very favorite – a Sesame Street Mad Men Skit. You MUST check it out, it’s adorable!

mad men sesame street

Have a SUPER BLAST watching the 2 hour season premiere of Mad Men everyone, I know we have all been waiting a REALLY long time for this!!!! Eeeeeeeee, I can’t wait!!!!! Smile

17 Responses to It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

1. Jeanne Reply

March 22, 2012 at 7:38 am

I can’t wait! Have you been watching the reruns on Sunday morning (AMC) catching us all up to the premiere Sunday night? They usually run 2 or 3 episodes starting at 6 a.m. EST. I still watch them even though I have all four seasons on DVD. heh. And that photo of GREG gives me the creeps! I hope Joanie ditches him this season!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 22, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I know Jeanne, it seems like Sunday can’t get here fast enough!!! 🙂 We have been watching last season on our DVD’s, it’s been SO long I definitely needed a refresher!

And yes, I hope Joan totally ditches Greg and (maybe???) hooks back up with Roger, he is the baby Daddy after all! 😉

March 22, 2012 at 9:51 am

Great picks, Sara! We still don’t have cable so will have to download Mad Men the next day after it airs. I’d probably not go online on Monday because I know people are going to be all a-buzz over what happened!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 22, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Eartha! Well, at least you can download the show and view it the next day and yeah, maybe wait to go online until after you’ve seen the show! 🙂

March 22, 2012 at 11:46 am

Great pics, Sara! These posts are getting me so pumped for the premiere!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 22, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Thank you Andrea! I know, I just cannot wait!!!!! 🙂 Only a few more days………..

4. Uncle Atom Reply

March 22, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I cannot wait Sara! Great links, the Milk Men clip is my favorite 🙂

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 22, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Uncle! That Milk Men clip is awesome, and I know – come on Sunday, come on!!!! 🙂

5. Natalie S. Reply

March 22, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Thank you for sharing! The parodies had my husband and I laughing. Can’t wait until Sunday.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 22, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Glad you enjoyed Natalie, those parodies are pretty funny! Sunday just cannot come fast enough! 🙂

6. Toni Reply

March 24, 2012 at 12:44 am

11 episodes in on Season 1. Peggy, whom I love, is starting to write copy. But Betty. Geez. Does she get better? I hate when she’s on screen.

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 24, 2012 at 11:11 pm

You will definitely love where Peggy goes in the future Toni, as for Betty – it will be interesting to see what happens with her character this season…..but she has mostly stayed the same old ‘Betty’ so far.

7. Kristine Reply

March 24, 2012 at 6:56 am

I have that same tv antennae!!! don’t know what the heck to do with it..as it wont sit on a flat screen..:D..love all the pics..just makes me *swoon*..

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Thanks so much Kristine! I guess you could try to sell your antenna on e-bay or something, it seems like it might be worth some $$$!

March 24, 2012 at 2:09 pm

You did a fantastic job matching up the decor! Great job!

• Sara In AZ Reply

March 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Thanks so much Sableeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! 🙂

9. Sally Reply

May 6, 2012 at 10:42 pm

i always thought that clock should be hung vertically.